Beckett Message Boards
OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 (/thread-1497616.html)

Pages: 1 2

OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - aviat0rshades - 04-26-2012

I keep reading all these articles about Upper Deck 2012 being redemption free. I follow them on facebook as well and they're all over facebook and twitter excited about their new project being "redemption free." What gets me is that there are still redemption cards! They just renamed them to "exchange cards." C'mon...seriously? This is what they posted not too long ago on twitter.

"With the exception of the "Trade Upper Deck" exchange cards, 2012 UD FB is #redemption free. All auto content is LIVE in packs."

Is anyone else irritated by this? They took the redemption card, took away the ability to redeem it online, put a dumb picture on it, and renamed to exchange card. I applaud them for trying to go redemption free, but I dislike the way they're trying to do it.

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - bakerman8419 - 04-26-2012

LOL. Upper Deck just keeps digging a bigger hole for themselves. Pathetic attempt to screw over potential buyers IMO.

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - ugameck - 04-26-2012

Ahhhh. But you don't know what it is for. Therefore - not redemption.

THEY have no idea what to give you. Congrats on the case hit!

Could be a highschool kid autograph. Sign them early!

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - jdetter23 - 04-26-2012

I thought the product that was supposed to be redemption free was the UD Legends whenever they get all the cards back signed.Pretty good if 2012 football only has the one "redemption" which is more than likely gonna be Luck since he was under contract with Press Pass.They prob did that since they know they will have to have him in SPA.

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - aviat0rshades - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 04:23 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: I thought the product that was supposed to be redemption free was the UD Legends whenever they get all the cards back signed.Pretty good if 2012 football only has the one "redemption" which is more than likely gonna be Luck since he was under contract with Press Pass.They prob did that since they know they will have to have him in SPA.

I can see that, I'm just irritated they way they went about it.

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - duch2izback - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 04:16 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I keep reading all these articles about Upper Deck 2012 being redemption free. I follow them on facebook as well and they're all over facebook and twitter excited about their new project being "redemption free." What gets me is that there are still redemption cards! They just renamed them to "exchange cards." C'mon...seriously? This is what they posted not too long ago on twitter.

[Image: el-titanic.jpg]

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - pbean - 04-26-2012

I was thinking about this the other day ..... the new "exchange cards" do not have codes, cannot be logged on over the internet, and have no trace as to whether you sent it in ..... or not Wink

think about this ..... customer ..... "ummm, Upper Deck it's been two years, I'd like to check on the status of my exchange card" ..... reply ..... "sorry, we have no record of you on file" ..... nuff said Sad

my best advice is sell them while they're hot ..... if you ever get a card from UD I'm sure it will be the same as the "TBD" fiasco last year Sad

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - swjrp10 - 04-26-2012

who wait what...they have exchange cards now?!?!?! GOSH I STOP BUYING BOXES AND READING NEWS FOR A WHILE AND ALL THIS STUFF HAPPENS!?!?!? FILL ME IN PBEAN!

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - pbean - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 06:04 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: who wait what...they have exchange cards now?!?!?! GOSH I STOP BUYING BOXES AND READING NEWS FOR A WHILE AND ALL THIS STUFF HAPPENS!?!?!? FILL ME IN PBEAN!

their reliving their glorious past with a super-d-duper cool "exchange card" (hint of major sarcasm here) and on the back it says .....

"The Upper Deck Company will trade you this card for an autographed Upper Deck Football card of a 1st Round Quarterback Draft Pick. Simply mail this card and a business size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address below to receive your 1st Round Quarterback Draft Pick card in return. Redeemed cards will be mailed beginning June 1, 2013. This Trade Card expires June 1, 2015."

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012 - swjrp10 - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 08:09 PM)pbean Wrote: their reliving their glorious past with a super-d-duper cool "exchange card" (hint of major sarcasm here) and on the back it says .....

"The Upper Deck Company will trade you this card for an autographed Upper Deck Football card of a 1st Round Quarterback Draft Pick. Simply mail this card and a business size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the address below to receive your 1st Round Quarterback Draft Pick card in return. Redeemed cards will be mailed beginning June 1, 2013. This Trade Card expires June 1, 2015."

...how will they know if hes a first round QB draft pick? AND WHY DONT THEY USE A BUBBLE MAILER! WHY ARE THEY SENDING IT IN A PWE!?!?!?!?!?