Beckett Message Boards
Ebay frustrations - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Ebay frustrations (/thread-1497583.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ebay frustrations - Haze28 - 04-26-2012

I have been getting sniped sooooo bad lately, it's been much worse than normal and the weird thing is it's on cards that aren't of hot players, superstars, HOF'ers, prospects or anything. One of them was an atomic refractor auto that I needed for my set, the auction had one bid on it so I put my bid in and was the high bidder all the way till the last second, I was watching it end and boom, outbid by .50. Lastnight I was bidding on a 2012 GQ mini printing plate and had the high bid at 12.50. With 5 minutes left I went ahead and increased my bid to 18 bucks to be on the safe side and watched it all the way down to the last second and BOOM, outbid by.50.... This has happened to me on the last 8-10 auctions I have bid on and it's pissing me off!!!!

LOL, I just had to rant a little.

Oh and one other thing to add, I found a red refractor auto version of the Atomic I got sniped on and put a bid in on it and an hour later got out bid, this card is going to go off at a higher price than the atomic! Unbelievable! Somebody doesn't want me spending my money.

RE: Ebay frustrations - Krangry - 04-26-2012

Start making your top bid higher and you wont get sniped Smile.

RE: Ebay frustrations - crazyforkinsler5 - 04-26-2012

I think ebay offers some typ of snipe service (I hear people talking about it all the time, anyway) where you can put in your highest bid and then leave the auction alone and it bids automatically.

I've been trying to find it on the ebay site to sign up, but haven't run across it yet. It would save me some headache too.

RE: Ebay frustrations - Haze28 - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 11:14 AM)Krangry Wrote: Start making your top bid higher and you wont get sniped Smile.

I have intentionally overbid on a couple items and they ended up going off for over BV. It's crazy.

RE: Ebay frustrations - Krangry - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 11:21 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I think ebay offers some typ of snipe service (I hear people talking about it all the time, anyway) where you can put in your highest bid and then leave the auction alone and it bids automatically.

I've been trying to find it on the ebay site to sign up, but haven't run across it yet. It would save me some headache too.

Its not an ebay function. It is an offsite script i believe. There are multiple sites that can be used to do it.

Im no expert,as i havent used it before.

RE: Ebay frustrations - jblaze1718 - 04-26-2012

Can't be mad, someone just wanted to pay more for it then you Tongue

It always sucks to lose a card at the last second though. You always have to hold your breathe til the last second with sniping these days.

RE: Ebay frustrations - petesahuttt - 04-26-2012

I use JustSnipe website, put in your max bid and it bids automatically with 1 second left. If I bid enough to win, I win. If your bid from 1 day ago is higher than my max, you still win. I agree that it's not so fun for those that like to watch the auctions in the last seconds they are ending thinking they are going to win but.....if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Just Snipe gives 5 free snipes per week or if you pay $5/mo you get unlimited and you can shrink the lead time down to 1 second.

RE: Ebay frustrations - snappyjoe75 - 04-26-2012

lol, i may be one of those guys. but not on ur card. this is what i do. i have the app for ebay on my iphone. i watch the auction til about 10 second to go or less. i am not the high bidder yet. but when i do, i usually go in for about 20 higher. seems to work everytime. seeming that alot of the high bidders go 5 or 10 dollars higher. hope this helps.
thanks

RE: Ebay frustrations - Haze28 - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 11:52 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: lol, i may be one of those guys. but not on ur card. this is what i do. i have the app for ebay on my iphone. i watch the auction til about 10 second to go or less. i am not the high bidder yet. but when i do, i usually go in for about 20 higher. seems to work everytime. seeming that alot of the high bidders go 5 or 10 dollars higher. hope this helps.
thanks

I have the app too and do that from time to time but when I know I'm not going to be able to watch an auction end I get f'd by snipers. The GQ printing plate pissed me off so bad though, there was no bidding activity on it for 3 days and I thought I had it locked up.

RE: Ebay frustrations - jblaze1718 - 04-26-2012

I use Gixen, it works well and I don't believe there is a monthly limit. I don't snipe too often but if its a card I've been looking for forever I like to be extra careful. All it comes down to is you have to want the card more then anyone else. If the sniping is bothering you like someoone already said, bump up your max bid another $10.