Beckett Message Boards
What brought you back to the hobby? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What brought you back to the hobby? (/thread-1497139.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What brought you back to the hobby? - jdone - 04-22-2012

I got back into the hobby few months ago after quite a few years away from it. I've seen some other people on here have come back to it which I think is great. I'm just curious as to why decided to come back. For me I find it very relaxing to break open box and see what got, also can afford to buy a box every now and then.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - Krangry - 04-22-2012

For me it was running across some triple threads box breaks on youtube. Once i saw the cool mem cards and such i had to get some.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - ryanmo5 - 04-23-2012

I bought a Marcus Allen triple threads card off eBay, as soon as I got it I was so impressed by it I got hooked all over again!!

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - Haze28 - 04-23-2012

For me I was walking down to the Starbucks on a Saturday morning for a cup of coffee and I saw a new card shop had opened up 3 blocks from my place, I had to stop in and check it out. It had been a while since I had a local shop so once I went in and took a look at the new stuff I was off to the races again. I hadn't broke a box since 2002 and now I've probably opened 12 since the end of January. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing LOL.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - fulltritty - 04-23-2012

My son being born. I wanted to start up and have a nice collection built up for him before he was old enough to start breaking boxes together.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - tntmclmm - 04-23-2012

My son became interested in football cards so I helped him get started and in the process got sucked right back in. I think the addiction has a stronger hold on me now more than ever. Now if I could only get my boy to dump the football for baseball.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - bryandavidknight - 04-23-2012

I left for a good many years when I was into the car club and show car scene. All of my money went to my car so when I got out of that I needed something to spend all that money on so I turned back to cards. I guess what really hooked me again was when they opened a LCS in my town. It only stayed open for around 2 years but I was hooked then. Now I just figure if I don't buy cards the wife will just buy pocketbooks and shoes so Oh well.
(04-23-2012, 06:17 AM)fulltritty Wrote: My son being born. I wanted to start up and have a nice collection built up for him before he was old enough to start breaking boxes together.

I tell my wife all the time it is an investment for my little girl who is 2 1/2. I told her there is a lot worse I could be buying and i can get some money back out of these if i needed to.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - kata78 - 04-23-2012

For me it was cleaning out my parents closet and seeing my baseball cards after 20 years of not seeing them. It brought back a lot of memories. I seriously did not know what I was getting myself back into, including my wife who I now drive crazy with my hobby obsession Smile

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - phillies816 - 04-23-2012

I bought 2 boxes of 2010 Topps with part of my tax return as a treat to myself with no intention of getting back into it. The 1st pack had a Ryan Braun GU Auto /50 and I was hooked. Then got bombarded with trade offers for it and got into trading here.

RE: What brought you back to the hobby? - haikusurf - 04-23-2012

I've always been a collector - cards, comics, and records... I'm a lifelong baseball fan but had been away from the hobby since high school. I'm a graphic designer and late last year, I was asked to design a set of cards for a client. I picked up a couple packs of A&G '11 and some others as reference, to kinda see what's out there nowadays... Man, tearing open that wax took me right back to the good ol' days! Feels good to be back Smile