Beckett Message Boards
Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-54.html)
+---- Thread: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV (/thread-1495848.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - ft28jags - 04-12-2012

OP, in my opinion there is no real way to make it fair especially when only one source is primarily used especially when it's a source that only shows a limited history and it's a cash exchange which means at that moment it sold for x amount and no cards exchanged hands on each side.

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - branesergen - 04-12-2012

I agree no real way to make it fair especially when sales on 1 site are subjective and the 2 people that actually wanted the card got it for $70 so the last one goes for $12 because no one else is willing to pay more than that. Ricky Williams autograph cards go for $25-$30 when I'm bidding on them and when I dont bid on them they go for $10. I've seen it 100 times. I'm willing to pay $30, Wendy is willing to pay $30 whoever goes the penny higher gets it but when we're out of it the $10 bid takes them every single time.

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - solid133 - 04-12-2012

Everybody love Everybody

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - ft28jags - 04-12-2012

This isn't the right sight for what you're spewing. Lol. How have you been? Any u pickups of note?
(04-12-2012, 07:29 PM)solid133 Wrote: Everybody love Everybody

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - nthnoak - 04-12-2012

I dont really trade by SV ever. BUT, every once in awhile people try to trade with me for a certain card or player that is hot and that card is selling above book. So I do sometimes have to say that I will not be trading that particular card for the current book price because it sells for more and I will just sell it. But if they want to trade for it, it will require a premium or they can wait for updated book pricing. Its just common sense and pretty much everybody does it. I dont think there is a certain way to figure out a specific sv for a card. Its probably just something around want recent ones have gone for. Things happen in sports so fast that can change a players values. Id just do what makes sense, is fair, and makes both parties happy.

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - onemanstanding - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 07:35 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I dont really trade by SV ever. BUT, every once in awhile people try to trade with me for a certain card or player that is hot and that card is selling above book. So I do sometimes have to say that I will not be trading that particular card for the current book price because it sells for more and I will just sell it. But if they want to trade for it, it will require a premium or they can wait for updated book pricing. Its just common sense and pretty much everybody does it. I dont think there is a certain way to figure out a specific sv for a card. Its probably just something around want recent ones have gone for. Things happen in sports so fast that can change a players values. Id just do what makes sense, is fair, and makes both parties happy.

Now that is almost a perfect answer, sounds reasonable and fair.

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - bakerman8419 - 04-12-2012

I love asking this question every time this topic pops up. What do you do when a $300 card sells for $100 and a $100 card sells for a $100?

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - jmessick86 - 04-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 09:56 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I love asking this question every time this topic pops up. What do you do when a $300 card sells for $100 and a $100 card sells for a $100?

The person with the $300 card tries to trade by BV at that point lol

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - onemanstanding - 04-13-2012

(04-12-2012, 10:04 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: The person with the $300 card tries to trade by BV at that point lol

+11

RE: Just so I get this right, SV versus BV - xxbigjohn79xx - 04-13-2012

If its really a cArd I
Need or want I will "entertain" the idea from a "sv" trader, but generally it usually doesn't workout for
Both traders as one usually gets the shaft of the trade.
(04-12-2012, 06:48 PM)ft28jags Wrote: I was replying to the op but since someone lmk that once again you've decided to quote me I wasn't talking about you. Did I say your name? NO! Get over yourself. What you do on these boards I could care less. If I'm talking to you I'll tell you I'm talking to you. Since you trade sv though and since you think this is about you all of a sudden you have a card worth more to you but you trade sv and want to trade at a previous value because it suits you? Sounds like you identify with the generic sv traders im referring to. Not surprised in the least though

Oh oh you done pissed off willy now!

Discussing sv and Bv on these boards is like exchanging "yo mama" jokes!! Its a touchy subject! Lol relax guys!!