Beckett Message Boards
Extreme Shilling - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Extreme Shilling (/thread-1495687.html)

Pages: 1 2

Extreme Shilling - slufan83 - 04-11-2012

Check out the guy with 42 feedback....99% bid history with the seller!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-ROOKIE-DRAFT-BOARDS-STEVEN-STAMKOS-AUTO-/180858325368?pt=FR_CA_Sports_Trading_Cards&hash=item2a1bff0978

The same guy is bidding on quite a few of this guys' draft board autos to bid them up. The seller has the Oshie draft board which I REALLY want, but I won't win it because it's getting shilled. Just sad.

RE: Extreme Shilling - kurtanglerookieyear - 04-11-2012

This is ridiculous stuff. The guy is also a huge keyword spamming and I think I previously reported him.

I guess its true, the bay really does nothing. This is sad.

RE: Extreme Shilling - irbecards32 - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 01:47 PM)kurtanglerookieyear Wrote: This is ridiculous stuff. The guy is also a huge keyword spamming and I think I previously reported him.

I guess its true, the bay really does nothing. This is sad.

Oh they definately do stuff, they just do it to the wrong accounts. Perfect example. Around the NBA all-star game, a limited edition pair of shoes came out called nike foamposite galaxys. My friend had a promotional poster of the shoes he listed on ebay to make a couple bucks, well people dont read descritpions before bidding apparently and the bids skyrocketed up to $800. Instead of ebay just pulling the listing, since people obviously thought it was the shoes & not a promo poster, ebay banned his account and when he called and asked why, they told him they cannot discuss details & that he was a security risk lol. One guy even emailed him about it and was told its a POSTER like the description says, not the shoes -- the guy KEPT bidding...

So how do people get away with BS like mentioned in this post, but other people get accounts banned because bidders dont read descriptions??

RE: Extreme Shilling - bruinsfan08 - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 02:03 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Oh they definately do stuff, they just do it to the wrong accounts. Perfect example. Around the NBA all-star game, a limited edition pair of shoes came out called nike foamposite galaxys. My friend had a promotional poster of the shoes he listed on ebay to make a couple bucks, well people dont read descritpions before bidding apparently and the bids skyrocketed up to $800. Instead of ebay just pulling the listing, since people obviously thought it was the shoes & not a promo poster, ebay banned his account and when he called and asked why, they told him they cannot discuss details & that he was a security risk lol. One guy even emailed him about it and was told its a POSTER like the description says, not the shoes -- the guy KEPT bidding...

So how do people get away with BS like mentioned in this post, but other people get accounts banned because bidders dont read descriptions??

Because eBay is run by morons that not only don't care about sellers, but they don't care about buyers either. Both crappy practices are things that you just have to deal with, they don't allow you to report it, and if you do, nothing gets done about it. Even in extreme cases where the account is suspended, they just open a new one in their wives'/kids'/nephew's name, and do it all over again.

RE: Extreme Shilling - kurtanglerookieyear - 04-11-2012

at least slu fan is smart about it and does his research. That's all we can do.

RE: Extreme Shilling - wickabee - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 02:39 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: Because eBay is run by morons that not only don't care about sellers, but they don't care about buyers either. Both crappy practices are things that you just have to deal with, they don't allow you to report it, and if you do, nothing gets done about it. Even in extreme cases where the account is suspended, they just open a new one in their wives'/kids'/nephew's name, and do it all over again.

They're more worried about figuring out how to evade, I'm sorry, I mean avoid, paying taxes than about the service they provide.

RE: Extreme Shilling - swjrp10 - 04-11-2012

thats messed up bro!

RE: Extreme Shilling - bonnev659 - 04-11-2012

this is what is wrong with the hobby in my mind

RE: Extreme Shilling - tha penguin - 04-11-2012

It's a shame. eBay has basically set perfect grounds for people to do this. Even if they win their own auction, they can just say the person flaked out and sell to the next bidder at the skyrocketed price.

RE: Extreme Shilling - bonnev659 - 04-11-2012

(04-11-2012, 05:53 PM)tha penguin Wrote: It's a shame. eBay has basically set perfect grounds for people to do this. Even if they win their own auction, they can just say the person flaked out and sell to the next bidder at the skyrocketed price.

that is why they need to stop second chance offers.... i will not buy at them anymore