Beckett Message Boards
Kobe auto question - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Kobe auto question (/thread-1495003.html)

Kobe auto question - kenarm79 - 04-06-2012

Has anyone else noticed how some of the Kobe Panini on card autos are not that clear? Meaning that they seem to have been used with a water based marker or something. I know that most collectors prefer on card autos. My question is would you rather have a Kobe on card unclear auto or a sticker auto?

RE: Kobe auto question - phxsuns1521 - 04-06-2012

i think people freak out too much about sticker autos. it's not like the players are available during the season to sit down and sign cards all night. they are on the road most of the season.

every card would be a redemption if they were all on card.

RE: Kobe auto question - krayzie83 - 04-06-2012

I'd take the cleanest auto of the two if those were my only options. In reality though I'd prefer an Upper Deck on card as I like his old sig better.

RE: Kobe auto question - kenarm79 - 04-06-2012

(04-06-2012, 10:32 AM)phxsuns1521 Wrote: i think people freak out too much about sticker autos. it's not like the players are available during the season to sit down and sign cards all night. they are on the road most of the season.

every card would be a redemption if they were all on card.

I agree. I really don't care what type it is as long as its an auto, lol. Which one would you prefer?
(04-06-2012, 10:54 AM)krayzie83 Wrote: I'd take the cleanest auto of the two if those were my only options. In reality though I'd prefer an Upper Deck on card as I like his old sig better.

I hear you. I mainly like his UD autos because I'm more of a fan of their products.

RE: Kobe auto question - phxsuns1521 - 04-06-2012

the more clear auto is what i would want

RE: Kobe auto question - sonic311 - 04-06-2012

I have quite a few of Kobe Autos from different years and I like his earlier auto, either where he signed Kobe 8 or Kobe only. I don't like his Panini Autos, it's as if he was in a rush or had tons of cards to sign.
And to be honest I dont really care if it's on card or sticker as long as the auto is nice.

RE: Kobe auto question - jpleazme805 - 04-06-2012

I prefer on-card autos... the sticker autos look too sloppy. They are mostly off center or have run off onto another sticker or the border that is thrown away...

RE: Kobe auto question - kenarm79 - 04-07-2012

(04-06-2012, 12:02 PM)sonic311 Wrote: I have quite a few of Kobe Autos from different years and I like his earlier auto, either where he signed Kobe 8 or Kobe only. I don't like his Panini Autos, it's as if he was in a rush or had tons of cards to sign.
And to be honest I dont really care if it's on card or sticker as long as the auto is nice.

+1
(04-06-2012, 03:16 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I prefer on-card autos... the sticker autos look too sloppy. They are mostly off center or have run off onto another sticker or the border that is thrown away...

So you would prefer a bad on card auto?

RE: Kobe auto question - afff - 04-07-2012

i would take a clear auto over a unclear/smugged auto any day

RE: Kobe auto question - pingbling23 - 04-08-2012

ive been entered in the smudged club, oh well, at least its a nice card. even with the smudge, i would rather have an on card auto vs sticker.
[Image: IMG_0001-13.jpg]