Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - jtraven42 - 03-24-2012

Like sands through the hourglass...

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - cptnemo66 - 03-24-2012

Just the fact that he sold the same $1000+ card to 2 people is enough red flags for me. Honest mistake my behind! Oh wait I got soooo many $1000+ cards that I lose track of them to easy....BS! I hope JakeLovesCards gets to change his name to JakeLovesJail lol.....
(03-24-2012, 04:55 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I agree with Tank here. I think its wrong for people to be held a different standard based on their number of trades or how long they have been here. I myself have been active for about a year now with only 150 or so trades. 5.00 feedback rating.. I may not have full stars like alot of people or 500 plus trades. Doesn't make me a bad trader. Just means you guys have better stuff for trade and more money to cover all that postage.lol As for stuff like stars thats just from posting a million times daily. I personally don't think it matters if you have 50,100 or 500 trades. People can turn at anytime. Last year there was a trader who had almost 300 trades and then didn't complete his end of the deal. Can't think of his name but I think he was banned. Does anyone recall?

I think that was rimcdonald.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - beginesj - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 04:50 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Why would he need you to post a card on another site that is his? I read that one as well and Derek did catch alot of stuff for it.

He told me basicly he just wanted to make a quick sale. I just assumed he didnt make a account because of the wait period (I know it took me about a week to get my account confirmed).

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

maybe he did this card at the same time with both transaction and took the best deal.....THE MONEY

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - PadresFan86 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 03:13 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: First off, Padresfan 86, you're an idiot and a careless unsympathic human being.

Derek, I'm sorry to hear this. The one or two times I traded with Jake he seemed fine. But that was trading and not dealing with money.

He has had a bunch going on with his family and perhaps in his hurried attempt to get your card out, he had his thoughts somewhere else and just "messed up."

I can't figure out how you "mess up" to that extent, but I'm not saying it can't happen.

I would be pissed if I opened a empty package for something I paid for, even if it was only a couple of $$$. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this and I truly hope everything works out for you.
It's just so odd that Jake would go this amount of time without even as much of a post or a "hey I'm here, everything's getting fixed" PM becuase he is always posting on these boards it seems. Even when they're in another at a hospital or the doctor, he finds a way to at least get on his phone and post something.
You're the true idiot if you think I'm being careless or unsympathic just because some cry baby in his 30's is missing out over a piece of cardboard. This situation could have been handled through pm's and with mods.

I guess a postal worker can't remove a card from a package and send a new package without the card using the same info.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - beginesj - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 04:57 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Just the fact that he sold the same $1000+ card to 2 people is enough red flags for me. Honest mistake my behind! Oh wait I got soooo many $1000+ cards that I lose track of them to easy....BS! I hope JakeLovesCards gets to change his name to JakeLovesJail lol.....

I think that was rimcdonald.

He sent me the PM asking to post it and then sold to dbroockerd. When I finaly saw the PM (the next day) I posted the thread. Dbroockerdsaw the thread and told me he sold it to him. So I didnt sell it to anyone. The sale was supoose to be the same price so it would not best offer wins. He told me he forgot to tell me he sold it to dbroockerd. So he did not sell it to two people I know of.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 04:59 PM)beginesj Wrote: He told me basicly he just wanted to make a quick sale. I just assumed he didnt make a account because of the wait period (I know it took me about a week to get my account confirmed).

Thanks for posting. I am trying hard not to post names of those who know details on this. You guys posting though who have been involved are just examples of the suspiciousness surrounding this deal.

I haven't played on blowout until recently and my guess is Jake had no idea I'd see the post and inquire on the card. Who doesn't inquire though on a thread saying Yu Darvish for sale $500. I didnt post to buy that one, just asked why you'd sell for that. The only way I landed the money for this was by selling a ton on blowout then a respected board member here lent me $185 to cover the rest. He has asked to be nameless but he is getting burned for now too until the money comes back for me to repay him.

I think Chris could agree the guy who loaned the money is a good guy though, I mean after all he sent Chris and Ichiro auto and let him pay after. Yep, same guy Chris. Please keep his name out of this.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - 86champs - 03-24-2012

Now curious minds want to know. How much did you buy the card for???

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-24-2012

My kids have tickets to Disney on Ice tonight so if I am silent a while please don't think I ran. I'll try to keep on this from my phone in case Jake shows himself. Although I am not about to let him ruin my night with my kids. He's already made their life hard enough cause I have to wait to recoupe this money when I already had a buyer lined up for today.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - jamesray3 - 03-24-2012

I do think the fact that the card was traded twice is relevant. I also don't think a criminal working at the post office would go through that kind of trouble. Thankfully at least in this case the OP will get his $$ back from PP. I am thankful to him for keeping everyone informed about a deal gone bad.

I am tired of hearing people complain/bash others like this.

(03-24-2012, 05:04 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: You're the true idiot if you think I'm being careless or unsympathic just because some cry baby in his 30's is missing out over a piece of cardboard. This situation could have been handled through pm's and with mods.

I guess a postal worker can't remove a card from a package and send a new package without the card using the same info.