Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - talkntribe - 03-25-2012

(03-25-2012, 12:30 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I can say one thing good came out of this. We have about 30 Beckett members coming together here and working on this. This is the community we need here.

I just talked to my old man and was telling him about the situation. He said you can find the truth with one phone call. He said you should call the police department in his town and tell them you want to file a report for what happened. Tell them you were frauded and give the names. He said they will go to the house and then contact you. This will tell if there is a Jake. He said he was in the same boat over camera equipment. Might be worth a shot.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-25-2012

maybe a his relatives house.....and that person can be in big trouble if it is

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - dbroockerd - 03-25-2012

(03-25-2012, 12:34 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: What really bothers me is if this is all true and these people have severe financial issues due to medical problems, where/ how was the money coming in to buy and trade cards. Makes me think the whole Tribute box break ($300) was BS just because he did indeed know the darvish card was the hottest thing on the market and used the fake box break to make a quick sale. Lesson to all, if the deal is too good to be true it likely is. look at this comments on the box break thread " i was upset when i first pulled the darvish" and " i may just trade it back to the lcs cause i dont use ebay". No one buy high end products without knowing what they are looking for.

Yeah, again there were so many red flags. The bright side is this may be a blessing in disguise. We have brought a criminal to light and saved others from getting screwed.

soon the truth will come out of all of this......within 3 days i assume

(03-25-2012, 12:35 AM)talkntribe Wrote: I just talked to my old man and was telling him about the situation. He said you can find the truth with one phone call. He said you should call the police department in his town and tell them you want to file a report for what happened. Tell them you were frauded and give the names. He said they will go to the house and then contact you. This will tell if there is a Jake. He said he was in the same boat over camera equipment. Might be worth a shot.

I was told by my police station to give it a few days before I contact Cheyenne. Then they will do just that.
I hope he reads this all and realizes how much trouble he is in. I will work with the guy to get this all fixed if it is a teenager trying who made a huge mistake. He needs to come forward though. Its not too late for him to fix this. He just has to be willing to.
Guys there is a WAY more important thread on the baseball talk side of the boards that I'd like you all to read.

There is more than cards happening here.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - randall617 - 03-25-2012

(03-25-2012, 12:18 AM)david campos Wrote: I just read this thread as well and talkntribe, you are out of line to post the personal stuff about Vanessa. That is out of line and I hope you edit your posts. Derek has already filed claims with paypal and the post office. Your digging to expose the health issues is over the line and I would be pissed if info like this was posted online about my wife or family member.

Derek, sorry you got scammed but go with the mantra that if it is too good to be true...you know the rest.

The news article posted by talkntribe is in the public realm, it was in the newspaper. It's not as if he hacked into her medical records. You do know the difference, don't you.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - chrisa19978 - 03-25-2012

(03-25-2012, 12:39 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I was told by my police station to give it a few days before I contact Cheyenne. Then they will do just that.
I hope he reads this all and realizes how much trouble he is in. I will work with the guy to get this all fixed if it is a teenager trying who made a huge mistake. He needs to come forward though. Its not too late for him to fix this. He just has to be willing to.

Also if he is a teenage he has go over on beckett as well as I thought you had to be 18 to be on here. I would question someone trying to sell me a card for half the value its been selling for. The Bush Auto I almost bought was a decent price as the last one sold for a little over $300.00 and he was asking $250.00 so I didn't think anything about that but if a card has been selling for $1000.00 and your asking $500.00 I would of done some research.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - rybowski97 - 03-25-2012

(03-25-2012, 12:36 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Yeah, again there were so many red flags. The bright side is this may be a blessing in disguise. We have brought a criminal to light and saved others from getting screwed.

Yeah hard to see the red flags when u think u are dealing with a genuine person. to me it doesnt matter if its just a piece of cardboard as some members here like to say, the fact is we all use our hard earned money and alot of time dedicated to this hobby. I hope when this is over, jake/tim/whoever gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

We have found our guy I believe. Thanks to talkntribe for being Matlock. The guy is no genuis. I have the info I need to take to the cops tomorrow. He will be caught guys. It seems he is using the story of his sons mother. He doesn't seem to be married to her though. I think the cards are going to his sons address but I think his real name may actually be either Raven Carlin or Tim Turnbow. He goes by Black Raven.

His favorite Athletes are Johnny Damon, and Derek Jeter. Sound familar!!!

We got him guys. He is no master mind.

100% positive?