Beckett Message Boards
Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam (/thread-1493276.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - cptnemo66 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:01 PM)james lacroix Wrote: I made a trade with Jake for the Bryce Harper mentioned earlier in this thread. I sent him $150 in paypal and my $200 Jason Heyward/Tommy Hanson booklet. The postal carrier attempted delivery of his insured package today, but I was at my girlfriend's so he left a slip for me, saying a second attempt at delivery would be made. When I receive this package, I plan to open it in the company of a postal worker. Not feeling very optimistic. If I did indeed get ripped off, we should team up with our complaints with the authorities. If you add up the dollar amounts in this offense, I'm thinking he could be charged with a felony.

You dont need dollar amounts. He used USPS postal insurance as part of his scheme. Mail fraud is a federal felony i believe.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:22 PM)bryandavidknight Wrote: wow.. the more people that come out makes this look like it was 6 months in the making. Looks like he had everyone fooled and with the amount of huge transactions in the last few days looks like we might be dealing with a professional con artist.

+1......it was like a set up date for him to do this and this was my first trade with him because i always see him on these boards ......how many of you traders have a trade in progress with jake?

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - wvufan101 - 03-24-2012

i just made a trade with him this week and due to work wasn't able to get his package out as soon as i told him i was going to. i had to work 7 to 7 and didn't have any time until yesterday to get his out. but he got on here and said he got his cards on thursday and left great trader then vanished. i sent him a message thinking that maybe he just got my trade and another one mixed up. i even threw in some decent extras of the nimmo kid he collected. but now i doubt i will see what i was supose to get. i'm not that upset but i hate it for the people that had that much of there hard earned money put into deals and them not happen.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - james lacroix - 03-24-2012

In any case, if I got ripped off (and this thread has me pretty amped up to believe I was), I don't intend to just roll over and take it.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - 86champs - 03-24-2012

This is the only trading website I've ever been on but it makes me think he probably made a run on other websites. Does anyone know his name on them to let people know?

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - rybowski97 - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 05:23 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Now see I've dealt with this guy (dontpray) a million times too. Hell we have each others phone number. That's trading you can trust. I've learned my lesson. I will be very very cautious of anyone anymore. I hate that it comes to that but I never dreamed Jake was gonna pull this.

If anyone does ever wanna chat cards I am not afraid to talk on the phone. I am the real deal, honest hard working, with a family. This is a passion (if you haven't noticed). I've collected since I was a kid. I sell when in need and buy when I can as well. When I die they may lay my butt to rest in the Topps Vault for gosh sakes. This has just left a sour taste in my mouth that makes me wanna quit cards all together. Why do guys have to do this? The hobby is fun whether your collecting huge name autos or bad of your favorite team. For guys like this it's no longer a hobby.

hey man, this is terrible and i hope it gets resolved. for the love of god before dishing out 1200 again, maybe contact the seller by phone also. this right here is proof to everyone on the boards even the best and most frequent posters on here may have hidden agenda's and its a gamble every trade. i really wish we could start a small group of confirmed traders where we all have not only address info, but cell, email, etc. i think we all need to work to come together and really try to keep this crap from happening.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - giants1957 - 03-24-2012

i think beckett should do a high value trade doing it this way.......if a trade is done......mail the card to the Moderator....... both traders must agree to mail it to the moderator......if money is involve.......make the trader whos selling the card, mail to the mods and if the mods confirm the transaction...he will let both parties involve its official......what do you think?

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - cmurphy342 - 03-24-2012

I really like the idea of making a small niche group. Man this makes me sick to see this has happen to all of you. I only did one trade with Jake and it went smoothly. Looks like he had planned this. HORRIBLE.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - talkntribe - 03-24-2012

It would be nice if Beckett had a live chatroom.

RE: Jakelovescards pulls priceless scam - bryandavidknight - 03-24-2012

(03-24-2012, 09:41 PM)giants1957 Wrote: i think beckett should do a high value trade doing it this way.......if a trade is done......mail the card to the Moderator....... both traders must agree to mail it to the moderator......if money is involve.......make the trader whos selling the card, mail to the mods and if the mods confirm the transaction...he will let both parties involve its official......what do you think?

That's not a bad idea on higher end trades. Sucks to have to do that but you never know these days. so many of the bad out there.