Beckett Message Boards
Buying wax or singles? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Buying wax or singles? (/thread-1492773.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Buying wax or singles? - Krangry - 03-21-2012

(03-20-2012, 09:33 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: What?

Meant I not u, lol. I could have bought 20 musial autos for the money i spent on boxes, lol. After looking back it really sickens me. Just sticking to singles for now haha

RE: Buying wax or singles? - filamuraireborn - 03-21-2012

(03-21-2012, 12:28 AM)Krangry Wrote: Meant I not u, lol. I could have bought 20 musial autos for the money i spent on boxes, lol. After looking back it really sickens me. Just sticking to singles for now haha

Oh...
Thanks!
Big Grin

RE: Buying wax or singles? - magneto2 - 03-21-2012

For me I love the chase. I love buying packs and boxes. I have never bought an entire case of any product. I however have bought enough boxes to equal the case or get close to it. Lately I have stuck with Chrome: Bowman and Draft. Before I bought many different boxes and some great hits have come my way. I also buy singles of prospects i like. My best pull to date is a Bowman Chrome Superfractor auto of Jordan Zimmerman. I bought one box at a great price and payed for at least half my salary for two weeks!

RE: Buying wax or singles? - rare unreleased - 03-21-2012

Singles

RE: Buying wax or singles? - HeyFitzy - 03-21-2012

I buy both. I've gotten a lot of steals on the bay where the sellers have no idea what they are selling or bidding on auctions in the early hours of the day (4-6am)

My only big hit to me is in my sig. I'll probably never sell that card, even if someone offered an absurd amount of money.

RE: Buying wax or singles? - chrisa19978 - 03-21-2012

(03-21-2012, 02:28 AM)HeyFitzy Wrote: I buy both. I've gotten a lot of steals on the bay where the sellers have no idea what they are selling or bidding on auctions in the early hours of the day (4-6am)

My only big hit to me is in my sig. I'll probably never sell that card, even if someone offered an absurd amount of money.

Wow numbered to his Jsy alot of people would love that one. But for me I am going to say right now is buying singles just because Jeter is so expensive especially fro 1992 to 1999 the cards I am collecting. I do realize I will never get every single one as the 1 of 1's will be impossible and the only one I would like to complete fully is his 1992 to 1996 cards. I might get back into tring to finish my fathers Mattingly collection as well but I think he owns most of them from the years he played. I know a few he needs but they come with a high price tag as well.

RE: Buying wax or singles? - bonds20001 - 03-21-2012

I bust a lot of wax so some of you collectors CAN buy singles..
No singles if the wax is not busted..
Sure, I buy singles sometimes, but usually I bust a case, get my base and insert PC and then trade/sell for the missing ones..
Fun to get the big hits too...

RE: Buying wax or singles? - fulltritty - 03-21-2012

I do both based on the price of the boxes. For most of the cheaper boxes (i.e. priced to about $110), I will buy a box or two; especially if it's easier to get a whole set put together. For those boxes that are way too expensive (see Tribute), I will buy singles of the Yankees. I don't buy old boxes to bust anymore, as I would just be in debt for the rest of my life, so I buy singles of Yankees prior to 2010 and anything I don't get in the newest boxes.

RE: Buying wax or singles? - cmurphy342 - 03-21-2012

Some greats posts and different point of views. I can see both sides in terms of PC, and just having fun. I too enjoy busting and might continue to incorporate that.

Thanks for the great replies.

RE: Buying wax or singles? - mickey7mantle7 - 03-21-2012

Singles definately. I do get the urge to bust some wax. I value my dollar...lol

Being military with 3 kids, I don't make as much as people think. It's very rare when I have $$ to chance on wax.