Beckett Message Boards
Need an odd value question. VERY specific - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Need an odd value question. VERY specific (/thread-1491693.html)

Pages: 1 2

Need an odd value question. VERY specific - chads-cards - 03-15-2012

Okay I know some members on here have patches that appear to be cut from an actual game used signed jersey and there are bits of the auto in the patch. How do you value these? And in your opinion is it worth more than the normal patch? And if so what would the multiplier be? Thanks for anyone who has done research on this subject in the past! I hope someone can share some much needed info!

RE: Need an odd value question. VERY specific - djohn - 03-15-2012

It is cool but not worth more, unless there is some proof showing that the patch was signed prior to being cut (and since card companies don't put the picture of the jersey on the back of the card anymore, I just don't see how you could prove it). Anyone could take a sharpie and make a mark on a patch and say it was originally signed, and that the patch on the card has a piece of the signature.
That being said, it is still cool if you pull the card from a pack like that.

RE: Need an odd value question. VERY specific - hazezofgreen - 03-15-2012

I think it definitely adds value to the card. The better the player, the more value. I have a few like that and I really think they are quite unique.

RE: Need an odd value question. VERY specific - chads-cards - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 09:08 AM)hazezofgreen Wrote: I think it definitely adds value to the card. The better the player, the more value. I have a few like that and I really think they are quite unique.

Yeah I think its something that is unique for a player or set collector to set their collection apart...and its of a pretty good player lol. Ive only ever seen them on HOF players cards.

Ya most are old popular players. But I was able to get my hands on this 1/1 of Portis:

[Image: 2004AbsoluteMemorabiliaMarksOfFameS.jpg]

And I have these others. (Hof, you are correct there sir) From my experience, there really isn't that many of them out there.

[Image: 2007PlayoffNationalTreasuresAll--2.jpg]
[Image: 2007PlayoffNationalTreasuresMate-16.jpg]

So many people think its that easy to fake this idea but you can always tell the marker goes all the way under the trim

Ya I was gonna say that, totally hard to sign it will its in there. Unless of course you signed it first, then swapped the patch :o

(03-15-2012, 09:27 AM)hazezofgreen Wrote: Ya I was gonna say that, totally hard to sign it will its in there. Unless of course you signed it first, then swapped the patch :o

Talking like youve done it before!

lol nah, just know how others could operate

(03-15-2012, 09:33 AM)hazezofgreen Wrote: lol nah, just know how others could operate

If your stupid enough for swapping out a HOF patch in the first place you should be stabbed lol...Idk why anyone does it...80% of faked patches are 100% obvious