Beckett Message Boards
Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-9.html)
+---- Thread: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond (/thread-1491620.html)

Pages: 1 2

Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - irbecards32 - 03-14-2012

Won some more money on the boat, but both stores were outa crown royale. I decided to get a box of BD since thats what I originally wanted before I started going nuts with CR... Yea thatll be my first and last box of that stuff. Complete garbage box. Only thing with any value was a Lemiex quad thats worth like $8... My 2 jerseys were Hartnell & Monster. Yikes... I still like how the cards look, but if my just gonna get base cards & crappy inserts Ill just stick to blasters of this stuff. Wasting $20 on blasters is a lot funner then wasting $100 on the same quality stuff. The "special" card in my bonus pack of UD Ice was Brett Bulmer #/999 who the heck is that?? lol

Im hoping to pick up around 4-5 boxes of crown this saturday at the chicago card show. Hopefully they are better then this smokin turd I just bought haha

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - rayeates - 03-14-2012

O-U-C-H!!! This one is a bit worse than my third box of Crown! Sorry for your bad luck. Better luck next time, my good man!

Randi

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - irbecards32 - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 06:54 PM)rayeates Wrote: O-U-C-H!!! This one is a bit worse than my third box of Crown! Sorry for your bad luck. Better luck next time, my good man!

Randi

At least with even a bad box of crown your still getting 2 jerseys & 2 autos. Does BD even have any auto cards? Id say this box is on par with that tin of UDS1 I opened that was repacked haha But I at least got my money back with the tin

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - alstott9adams - 03-15-2012

that hurt good luck on the rown this weekend any lightning my way please thank you

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - bonnev659 - 03-15-2012

ouch

hope you have better luck at the show !

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - bruno1769 - 03-17-2012

I bought a box of 2011-12 Black Diamond, and the first card I pulled out of the box (bonus pack) was the Ryan Nugent-Hopkins UD Ice Premieres Rookie Card #26/99. Rest of the box didn't matter at that point, and didn't deliver much else in the end.

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - bonnev659 - 03-17-2012

(03-17-2012, 07:18 AM)bruno1769 Wrote: I bought a box of 2011-12 Black Diamond, and the first card I pulled out of the box (bonus pack) was the Ryan Nugent-Hopkins UD Ice Premieres Rookie Card #26/99. Rest of the box didn't matter at that point, and didn't deliver much else in the end.

do you have a scan of it?

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - irbecards32 - 03-17-2012

(03-17-2012, 07:18 AM)bruno1769 Wrote: I bought a box of 2011-12 Black Diamond, and the first card I pulled out of the box (bonus pack) was the Ryan Nugent-Hopkins UD Ice Premieres Rookie Card #26/99. Rest of the box didn't matter at that point, and didn't deliver much else in the end.

Thats the card I was hoping for, nice hit... Lets see a scan of that bad boy. That should land you around $800+

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - oljey - 03-17-2012

Well think of it this way - Your due for a hot box!!

RE: Finally bought a box of Black Diamond - wickabee - 03-18-2012

(03-14-2012, 06:51 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Won some more money on the boat, but both stores were outa crown royale. I decided to get a box of BD since thats what I originally wanted before I started going nuts with CR... Yea thatll be my first and last box of that stuff. Complete garbage box. Only thing with any value was a Lemiex quad thats worth like $8... My 2 jerseys were Hartnell & Monster. Yikes... I still like how the cards look, but if my just gonna get base cards & crappy inserts Ill just stick to blasters of this stuff. Wasting $20 on blasters is a lot funner then wasting $100 on the same quality stuff. The "special" card in my bonus pack of UD Ice was Brett Bulmer #/999 who the heck is that?? lol

Im hoping to pick up around 4-5 boxes of crown this saturday at the chicago card show. Hopefully they are better then this smokin turd I just bought haha

Good player, power forward, couple more years of development, should make an impact once he sticks in the league.