Beckett Message Boards
WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? (/thread-1491571.html)

Pages: 1 2

WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - TheHammer417 - 03-14-2012

Ok so I pulled 2 redemption cards a while back, one from A&G and one from Lineage...put in the codes, it changed to shipped about 2 weeks ago. What kind of service do the use to ship? USPS? I have tracking for one of them but it doesn't work...Are they sending someone by bicycle or something? Or do they like to say they shipped but really didn't..

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - zmhower2469 - 03-14-2012

I received one card by ups and that had a tracking number and i received another by usps and it didnt have a tracking number. I hope that helps.

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - tperks76 - 03-14-2012

Once they show shipped, its generally another month or so. That's my experiance at least with the last 8 or 10 redemptions I have received. Not sure what they do because most of mine showed tracking numbers and none showed up when I tried to track them until they got to my local post office.

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - bonds20001 - 03-14-2012

The Topps site, shipping and delivery times are not on the same timeframe at all.
They mean nothing.
Never have
Never will
When they arrive..you say "great" that is all the warning you get.
Redemptions are lame
Topps Redemptions are lame X 33488596
OH..UD redemptions are no better and the customer service is awful too!!!

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - pyr0punk - 03-14-2012

i have a jake skole / kellin deglan dual auto that shows shipment date 21-nov-2011 and status as pending -sigh- x( epic fail

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - ktcardshop - 03-14-2012

The reason the DC numbers don't work until they get to your local post office is they ship them by United Parcel Service to your local post office where they are then mailed. The idea is that the post office delivers to every address in the country every day and UPS doesn't. So the rural addresses can get shipped and then mailed at a local post office. I've had packages delivered by the post office, USPS/UPS, and UPS on the same day... Go figure?

Ray

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - wmrklemm78 - 03-14-2012

(03-14-2012, 04:48 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: "great" that is all the warning you get.

That's what she said....

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - d0dgerfan1979 - 03-15-2012

(03-14-2012, 10:13 PM)wmrklemm78 Wrote: That's what she said....

Haha!
Nicely done!

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - keyser soze - 03-15-2012

Per a Topps rep, the reason that there is a delay between when you card is MARKED as shipped and when your card ACTUALLY ships is because Topps holds their packages until they have enough mail to qualify for a cheaper bulk rate. So basically, they pull the DC or SC number, mark your card as "Shipped", and your package goes into a bin and sits there until they reach whatever quantity threshold that qualifies for bulk shipping at USPS. Sometimes your package might be the first one in the bin and you have to wait 3 weeks, and sometimes yours is one of the last and it only sits there for a few days.

RE: WTF is up with Topps redemption?? - yodel215 - 03-15-2012

(03-14-2012, 09:21 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: The reason the DC numbers don't work until they get to your local post office is they ship them by United Parcel Service to your local post office where they are then mailed. The idea is that the post office delivers to every address in the country every day and UPS doesn't. So the rural addresses can get shipped and then mailed at a local post office. I've had packages delivered by the post office, USPS/UPS, and UPS on the same day... Go figure?

Ray

Yes, they print the label and DC code, then let it sit. Then, they go ahed, let it get picked up eventually (in bulk) where it's then transported to the nearest sort facility where it's sorted and shipped again to your local post offise. Then...it sits there for a day before it goes to you. This happened to me. I never got to track it until the last day or so. It does take a while but it's super cheap for them this way. It's called super low economy shipping Tongue