Beckett Message Boards
Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! (/thread-1489387.html)

Pages: 1 2

Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - bruinsfan08 - 02-29-2012

Thanks to a pair of sweet trades with Dragik, I was able to get one really nice bubble mailer in the box this afternoon.

First up, for my all-time greats PC, an autograph of the legendary Martin Brodeur...

[Image: 11-12PrivateSignings-MartinBrodeur.jpg]

Next up, a new jersey card for my Ovechkin PC, Crown Royale All the King's Men...

[Image: 11-12CrownRoyaleAlltheKingsMenMaterials-...echkin.jpg]

Third in line, for my Bruins PC, a Patrice Bergeron Lords of the NHL jersey.
Sadly, I pulled the exact same card, identical swatch, in my break this afternoon, but there's no such thing as too much Bergeron, haha...

[Image: 11-12CrownRoyaleLordsoftheNHLMaterials-P...rgeron.jpg]

Finally, a card that I thought I would be adding to my PC, a Crown Royale Mythology jersey of Jeremy Roenick. Since I was hoping to add a Roenick auto and jersey featuring him in his Blackhawks jersey, and didn't know this was a bright purple Kings swatch, haha. Solid card, and it's available for a similar card of him in a 'Hawks uni.

[Image: 11-12CrownRoyaleMythologyMaterials-JeremyRoenick.jpg]

Thanks for looking guys, hopefully I can add a few more cards to this all-time greats PC. Got LeClair and Spezza autos coming in, but I've still got quite a ways to go.
Cheers!
-Chris

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - 705-janveaux - 02-29-2012

nice cards, i noticed the ovechkin has a chip, or was that just the scan ?
so a bruins fan? old or new cause? interested in a 2009-10 Artifacts
Silver Spectrum #121 Bobby Orr L #14/25.
let me know

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - bruinsfan08 - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 06:46 PM)705-janveaux Wrote: nice cards, i noticed the ovechkin has a chip, or was that just the scan ?
let me know

I think it's the scan, because I can't see any defects on the surface of the card, edges are all pretty clean.

As far as B's go, I collect all eras, but I don't really look for any inserts or parallels. Mainly on the hunt for true RC's of my favorite players, and autographs & memorabilia. Also limited myself to only one auto and one game-used card per Bruins player, otherwise I'd just be buried under mountains of Bruins. Not a terrible prospect, but also not conducive to having a well organized collection.

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - 705-janveaux - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 06:52 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I think it's the scan, because I can't see any defects on the surface of the card, edges are all pretty clean.

As far as B's go, I collect all eras, but I don't really look for any inserts or parallels. Mainly on the hunt for true RC's of my favorite players, and autographs & memorabilia. Also limited myself to only one auto and one game-used card per Bruins player, otherwise I'd just be buried under mountains of Bruins. Not a terrible prospect, but also not conducive to having a well organized collection.

i guess this is true, i on the otherhand have a problem lol, im out to collect every set of every year from 51 through to 89...about 3/4's the way but its a massive collection...meh im young

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - dam1057 - 02-29-2012

Those are all great cards. Glad you are happy with two Bergeron cards.

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - rayeates - 03-01-2012

Sweet stuff, Chris! That Brodeur is awesome, and you have just made Gary jealous! Haha! Me too, though... Tongue Congrats on the great adds!

Randi

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - thelegendjerryrice - 03-01-2012

(02-29-2012, 06:46 PM)705-janveaux Wrote: nice cards, i noticed the ovechkin has a chip, or was that just the scan ?
let me know

I see what he is talking about. It is along the bottom after his stick if going right 2 left. And before his stick going left 2 right.

I don't have any extra JR stuff really. But if you wanted to take a look at my stuff and see if you find something for it. I would be interested.

PC players are players I collect not matter how many teams they play for Big Grin

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - pens1fan - 03-01-2012

Really nice additions Chris!!! Congrats on the goodies!!!

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - bruinsfan08 - 03-01-2012

(03-01-2012, 10:06 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I see what he is talking about. It is along the bottom after his stick if going right 2 left. And before his stick going left 2 right.

I don't have any extra JR stuff really. But if you wanted to take a look at my stuff and see if you find something for it. I would be interested.

PC players are players I collect not matter how many teams they play for Big Grin

I'll take a look at the card, see if it's just something I missed, or a scan issue.

As far as the JR, I'll take a look, for sure.

If it were a PC player, it wouldn't matter at all. I still pick up Neely stuff in his Canucks uniform on occasion. But, this PC is a little more specific, since it's only one auto and one game-used card per player, I want it to feature him in a uniform that moved me most, you know? JR and Chelios with the Hawks, LaFleur with the Nords, etc., when they had most of their impact on me as players. I actually have been thinking about adding ex-Bruins players to this PC as well. I've got a few Thornton cards, but wouldn't mind adding a nice auto and GU of him with the Sharks to this PC, separate from his Bruins days in my B's PC, or Bourque with the Avs, same deal. Weird, I know, but it's fun for me.

RE: Two trades, four cards, one package in my mailbox! - rayeates - 03-01-2012

I see the "chip" that is in question... it's the blade of Ovie's stick. I guess he tapes them to the end. if you look at it close enough, you can line it up!

Randi