Beckett Message Boards
Freebies Contest -Philadelphia Eagles on Clock - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Freebies Contest -Philadelphia Eagles on Clock (/thread-1489265.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Freebies Contest -Philadelphia Eagles on Clock - bigtrip18 - 02-28-2012

Sooo... with trading coming to a screeching halt on my Favre TD series and my mid-high end inventory dwindling, I have decided to dedicated March to the handing out of some Freebies.

I'm talking autos, jersey, game used, serial #, rcs, and inserts. Some are in bucket, but most of my inserts/sp's/base/rcs ser# are not in either org or bucket.

This doesn't have to be reciprocal but if you want it can be, just keep my address handy...

So, We're going to do this one day at a time, in the order of the NFL Draft.

THIS IS NOT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!!

The Indianapolis Colts
ZeroDave
St Louis Rams
Noswal
Minnesota Vikings
txviking
Cleveland Browns
geezhound
Tampa Bay Bucs
cardripper
Washington Redskins
N/A
Jacksonville Jaguars
djohn
Miami Dolphins
phinzphan1372
Carolina Panthers
pbobo44
Buffalo Bills
stocktonkevin
KC Chiefs
biglump007
Seattle Seahawks
hhh tgt
Arizona Cardinals
cody_allen
Dallas Cowboys
tga8934
Philadelphia Eagles

New York Jets

RULES:

Post Why you like which team the most,

I will decide by Midnight CST (I usually get off work midnight EST so I'll give everyone an extra hour) And all you have to do if pm me your address.

I will ship every Monday.

Some teams will have more, some less, but I have 1000s of every team (Except Texans), so nobody will be left out.

Enjoy

RE: March Freebies - kylebucksfan - 02-28-2012

Very kind of you, I'll sit back and wait on pick #17 or #21 depending on which you give to Cinici.

RE: March Freebies - cody_allen - 02-28-2012

I'm waiting on pick 13 :-) very nice thing to do

RE: March Freebies - bigtrip18 - 02-28-2012

Thanks, this doesn't necessarily mean I'm done collecting, so by 13 or 17 I may have more in the tank when it comes to certain teams

RE: March Freebies - ZeroDave - 02-28-2012

Hmm, now to make my case. Well growing up as a child in Columbus, Ohio, both the Bengals and Browns were absolutely horrible. I had always favored one of two teams, The Pittsburgh Steels and the Indianpolis Colts. Most of the time I favored the Colts while Jim harbaugh was QB and they had Marshall Faulk as a running back. They weren't the greatest, but were better than the Brownies and ***** Cats.

RE: March Freebies - totally sports - 02-28-2012

Well I will give this a shot.
While I see Andrew Luck as a franchise Quarterback I guess I have played around in my mind provided Manning is healthy that they would stand to gain a bunch if they traded the #1 pick and get 4 or 5 players in the next 2 drafts.
I think Indy is not that far away from being a contender again and if it wasn't for Manning's injury they would have been in the running for a playoff spot this year. So with a healthy Manning and 4 or 5 more potentially star players they should be a contender next year.
I am not a big fan of the term rebuilding as it seems like some teams do it every year and never seem to get it right, then some do it occasionally and everything clicks. I think in the last 10-12 years the Colts and the Patriots have been the best run franchises in the NFL so why the sudden change to start rebuilding. They should be able to continue as they have been for the last number of years with only a few additions. They still have a talented young group of receivers, running backs that seem to fit their system and theres not much change on the defensive side overall to what they have had.
To me its kind of a eye opener when you think about it because the only difference from 2011 compared to 2010 was Manning. If you put that in perspective the way he runs an offense is impeccable.
Thus my conclusion, under no circumstances should they get rid of Manning unless he is not healthy. Take the extra picks that you can get with trading the #1 pick. (a Jimmy Johnson type philosophy when it comes to rebuilding.)

RE: March Freebies - bigtrip18 - 02-28-2012

5 minute OT Bump Last chance for Colts
Colts are Done, Rams are Feb 29, 8pm - 12am

RE: March Freebies - rybowski97 - 02-29-2012

im from ohio family was moved to indy in the late 80s due to the ford plant closing. the only team i have collected other than the browns is indy. too bad my collection focused more on edgerrin james and marvin harrison and little on peyton manning. I remember puling e. james 99 sp authentic from a pack in 99 at lcs (biggest hit i ever had at the time) and passing on offers of 350 to sell it. now its bv is 20 but i guess the sentimental value is much more. with favre retired and not being able to trade my browns cards, i am switching to strictly getting colts this year as i cannot handle buying up any more browns rookies only to see them traded in 2-3 years. i am trying to put the favre flight to 420 set together as well, are u doing topps or the chrome ones.

RE: March Freebies - bigtrip18 - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 12:16 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: i am trying to put the favre flight to 420 set together as well, are u doing topps or the chrome ones.

I'm actually just going for at least one of every number, so far it's a good mix of base and chrome, with about 4 refractors,

RE: Freebies Contest - bigtrip18 - 02-29-2012

Colts are packaged, and I'll likely send out every Monday.

Due to my work schedule I'll only start the contest between 8pm and midnight EST so before or after, oh well, unless you're very convincing....

Leap Night's team is the St. Louis Rams.