Beckett Message Boards
Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? UPDATED WITH ROOKIE CARDS! SORT OF! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? UPDATED WITH ROOKIE CARDS! SORT OF! (/thread-1488147.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? UPDATED WITH ROOKIE CARDS! SORT OF! - rjcj2017 - 02-22-2012

Hey guys, I just saw Chris Olds' post on the Kyrie Irving promo card, and he talks about how we'll have to wait for NBA rookie cards.

Hoops is coming out next week, and I already pre-ordered a box ... are they not going to have rookie cards?

If so, I must have completely spaced and missed the news about this.

And also, if so, I probably will try to get my money back.

I'm curious now because Xtreme's promo pics from Hoops don't show any rookies ... thanks, RJ

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - nickm1123 - 02-22-2012

I do not know the exact information, but I believe they are holding off on the rookie cards until the later products. I remember seeing this information, but do not know the exact product.

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - filamuraireborn - 02-22-2012

the first 3 products do not have rookies. just checked the checklist of hoops and i didn't see kyrie erving in the commons/base set.

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - rjcj2017 - 02-22-2012

Man, what crap! I ordered a box from Dave and Adam's and now I'm going to ask for a refund. This lockout thing has sucked. I don't like the schedule and I sure as hell don't like the effect (affect) it has had on cards.

Where did you see the checklist? Thanks, RJ

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - filamuraireborn - 02-22-2012

blow out cards

you're welcome

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - sentonhurrikane - 02-22-2012

I still say they should do an update set.

Here's some more "good" news. There's two autos per box, but 179 in the set. I skimmed a checklist and noticed quite a few duds. The 89-90 buyback autos could be nice...but these boxes are gonna' be just like the Contenders boxes everyone over in the Football forums are talking about, junk autos and not much else to show.

Good luck to anyone ripping them though. Hope you guys hit some Kobes!

-ShK-

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - rjcj2017 - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 12:49 AM)sentonhurrikane Wrote: I still say they should do an update set.

Here's some more "good" news. There's two autos per box, but 179 in the set. I skimmed a checklist and noticed quite a few duds. The 89-90 buyback autos could be nice...but these boxes are gonna' be just like the Contenders boxes everyone over in the Football forums are talking about, junk autos and not much else to show.

Good luck to anyone ripping them though. Hope you guys hit some Kobes!

-ShK-

Yeah, I'm definitely passing, now that I think about it.

Unless the base checklist is outdated or something, most of the rosters aren't even updated (except for Lin and Paul, apparently.)

Assuming all the autos have the same print run — HUGE assumption — you're basically looking at a Lin, Durant, Kobe or Griffin auto every 90 boxes or so (2 per box, 179 on the checklist), so only one of those guys every 22.5 boxes or so.

No thanks.

Damn, I was really excited, too.

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - xarzy - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 01:09 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I'm definitely passing, now that I think about it.

Unless the base checklist is outdated or something, most of the rosters aren't even updated (except for Lin and Paul, apparently.)

Assuming all the autos have the same print run — HUGE assumption — you're basically looking at a Lin, Durant, Kobe or Griffin auto every 90 boxes or so (2 per box, 179 on the checklist), so only one of those guys every 22.5 boxes or so.

No thanks.

Damn, I was really excited, too.

Rose, Carmelo, David Robinson too

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - xstreaminsanity - 02-22-2012

I guess the thing is that Hoops wasn't made more for the hits as it was for nostalgia and for the lower end collector. From what I've seen, there are no GU in the product, only base, parallels, inserts and AU. The packs are going for $1 retail and $2 hobby in an attempt to get more kids into the hobby, and for us long time collectors, to remember the good old days. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt there will be very many low numbered cards in this set, probably not any 1/1 (which is ok with me). For the price point, I think this is an excellent product.

RE: Did I Miss This About NBA Hoops? - dirtya13 - 02-22-2012

no rookies that's just asinine. no GU cards and only 2 Autos in 36 packs...I love the NBA but this crap sucks

like rjcj2017 said...

"Assuming all the autos have the same print run — HUGE assumption — you're basically looking at a Lin, Durant, Kobe or Griffin auto every 90 boxes or so (2 per box, 179 on the checklist), so only one of those guys every 22.5 boxes or so."

I may buy a box just for the hell of it or just singles..