Beckett Message Boards
Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods (/thread-1486677.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - daytonator - 02-13-2012

So I was looking at the box configuration and case guarantees of 2011 Contenders, ever leery of how Panini has been going cheaper and cheaper with their products. Nothing evinces this better than comparing last years 2010 contenders football with this years:

2010 contenders guaranteed at least 6 autos from a list of 13 players, making a pull of any one particular guy approximately 1:2 cases.

2011 Contenders guarantees at least 6 autos from a list of 19 players, making a pull of any one particular player approximately 1:3 cases...

Moreover, this roster includes such luminaries as Ryan Williams and Mikel Leshoure, both missed the entire season...
So Panini appears to have raised the prices on the item, maybe I'm wrong. I know they raised the prices of Plates and Patches, giving one extra auto for the money, Probably of Ryan Williams for most people. (No, seriously, that is who I got for my extra auto.) Then they water down the guaranteed checklist.

Am I the only one who is seeing this or what? The shift in Certified was equally transparent, with much less FOTG pulls in the boxes I witnessed opened on here, meaning much less veteran autos and jerseys. Why? Because they're more expensive.
What are your thoughts on these cost cutting measures?

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - 0264 roadrunner1964 - 02-13-2012

I just wish they would answer the darn phone or return my month long calls.

An awful long time to upgrade your phone system.....

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - jdetter23 - 02-13-2012

So its saying one of the 6 autos will be one of those 19 players? lol If I get one I know its gonna be Leshoure,Williams or Ridley.

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - cody_allen - 02-13-2012

I'd love Williams autos, he's gonna be a stud :-)

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - itsdagooch - 02-13-2012

In no way do i covet panini tactic...but Ud is worse.

Those players mentioned are all pretty talented, all could turn those crappy pulls into a nice profit.

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - daytonator - 02-13-2012

(02-13-2012, 08:49 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: So its saying one of the 6 autos will be one of those 19 players? lol If I get one I know its gonna be Leshoure,Williams or Ridley.

Correct

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - phinzphan1372 - 02-14-2012

but every box contains a todman!

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - usafshelland - 02-14-2012

Actually, I've wondered if they've applied the airline seat thing... airliners ALWAYS overbook their flights. Did you know your flight is actually sold to 125% capactiy? How does this apply to cards? Well, if you have a 2011 Limited Materials Phenoms redemption, you'd realize it might be #'d to /199. But just like the airliners, I bet they bank on not ever having to own up to all 199 autos. Maybe there's really only 100 available of that 199, and that's why you get someone different when you try to redeem your card...and you get a crappy letter saying "the two cards are of equal value"...

Additionally, I bet they hardly have enough to keep up with all their auto requirements... i.e. they are sticker autos! I bet there's a vault with a sheet that has maybe 50 autos per page. Print off the card they need, slap on a sticker and BAM! You have your card...

All just theories of mine... but I bet they aren't that far fetched. Another reason why I'm considering getting out of the hobby...not enough pride into the product that's being put out for the good ol' American buck... gotta love profit margins!

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - Sajman01 - 02-14-2012

Some of the players need to be held accountable for their outrageous signing fees, that's why you see all of this year's early products loaded with Jordan Todman (6th rounder) as opposed to Roy Helu Jr (4th rounder).

You can't really expect these guys to load their products heavy with veterans when Brees is charging $120 an auto, Rodgers is charging $150 an auto, and Brady is charging $200 an auto.

RE: Thoughts on Panini's continued Corner Cutting Methods - kollectornet - 02-14-2012

(02-14-2012, 06:47 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: Some of the players need to be held accountable for their outrageous signing fees, that's why you see all of this year's early products loaded with Jordan Todman (6th rounder) as opposed to Roy Helu Jr (4th rounder).

You can't really expect these guys to load their products heavy with veterans when Brees is charging $120 an auto, Rodgers is charging $150 an auto, and Brady is charging $200 an auto.

Thats a good point.