Beckett Message Boards
Best young pitcher?? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Best young pitcher?? (/thread-1484018.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Best young pitcher?? - bennyfunk - 02-01-2012

ESPN.com baseball writer Dave Schoenfield recently posted a poll asking baseball fans which young pitcher they'd want anchoring their rotation for the next 5 years: Matt Moore, Yu Darvish or Strasburg?

Obviously this is a question based on projection of talent and not payroll considerations, as Darvish is making a substantial amount more than the others... so I ask: Which of these young pitchers would you want as your front-line starter for the next 5 years and why?

RE: Best young pitcher?? - dbacksfan - 02-01-2012

Neither lol Daniel Hudson and Ian Kennedy haha

RE: Best young pitcher?? - rpspenner - 02-01-2012

I wish I could answer this question after this season. Each guy has a very limited or nonexistent MLB tack record. It would come down to Moore or Strasburg for me. I'd like to see how Stras' elbow holds up and if he can maintain his controll this season. I'd also like to see how well Moore can handle a full season's workload and if he will be able to adjust to major league hitters after seeing them multiple times. The second half of Moore's season will be key in my mind. (Think Pineda's 2nd half last year) If I had to pick one right now, it would be Moore. If he stays healthy and continues to be dominant, I'll say Strasburg at this time next year.

RE: Best young pitcher?? - alfredoleal2001 - 02-01-2012

Well the expectations for starsburg have been to the ceiling so I think people expect him to live up to what he was projected to be. Itll depend on how his elbow is after surgery. As a phillies fan I dotn want him to beat up on us lol

RE: Best young pitcher?? - nolan5000 - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 02:52 PM)bennyfunk Wrote: ESPN.com baseball writer Dave Schoenfield recently posted a poll asking baseball fans which young pitcher they'd want anchoring their rotation for the next 5 years: Matt Moore, Yu Darvish or Strasburg?

Obviously this is a question based on projection of talent and not payroll considerations, as Darvish is making a substantial amount more than the others... so I ask: Which of these young pitchers would you want as your front-line starter for the next 5 years and why?

It's funny b/c I was going to say Yu Darvish with out having even seen the choices. The reason why is all in my username. Big Time "Express" fan here!!
(02-01-2012, 03:40 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Well the expectations for starsburg have been to the ceiling so I think people expect him to live up to what he was projected to be. Itll depend on how his elbow is after surgery. As a phillies fan I dotn want him to beat up on us lol

Man, you misspelled Stras' name.

RE: Best young pitcher?? - alfredoleal2001 - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 03:41 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: It's funny b/c I was going to say Yu Darvish with out having even seen the choices. The reason why is all in my username. Big Time "Express" fan here!!

Man, you misspelled Stras' name.

lol i didnt even notice, maybe i was thinking of him being a star and spelled starsburg lol my bad Wink

RE: Best young pitcher?? - dbacks08 - 02-01-2012

I'm with dbacksfan.... Hudson/Kennedy is the best young rotation 1-2 punch around!

RE: Best young pitcher?? - nolan5000 - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 03:52 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: lol i didnt even notice, maybe i was thinking of him being a star and spelled starsburg lol my bad Wink

Oh, it's alright by me. I'm not a Stras fan.

RE: Best young pitcher?? - zmhower2469 - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 03:52 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: I'm with dbacksfan.... Hudson/Kennedy is the best young rotation 1-2 punch around!

Just craziness, the best young duo out there is hamels, worley and they are the two worst pitchers in the phillies rotation.

RE: Best young pitcher?? - dbacks08 - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 03:57 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: Just craziness, the best young duo out there is hamels, worley and they are the two worst pitchers in the phillies rotation.

Hamels and Worley? Bunch of bums! Big Grin