Beckett Message Boards
Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC (/thread-1483408.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - skeen2 - 01-28-2012

[Image: SUPREME.png]

If it is too small to ready ill just post what it says

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]"This is an authentic Supreme Rookie Die Cut Relic Card of Alex Green "[/SIZE][/COLOR]

So Relics arent Game Worn
and Relics arent Even Event Worn

So what does AUTHENTIC RELIC Mean ?

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - rogue655 - 01-28-2012

its event worn. different companies use different words to try to hide the fact that their still giving us STUPID EVENT WORN CRAP.

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - ricky williams 34 - 01-28-2012

Actually, I'd love to hear from ugameck (our resident card collecting lawyer) on this one. It's something I've been meaning to ask him for awhile.

The languaging you've posted above says to me, "this is an authentic NFL jersey...but it may or may not be from the guy on the front of the card."

There's also a cute little disclaimer down at the bottom that says "This relic is not from any specific game, event, or season." Which also supports my theory of "someone wore this jersey once, but we don't know who it was."

So, ugameck, does my theory fit in to their description from a legal standpoint??

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - chibearsboy - 01-28-2012

(01-28-2012, 11:13 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Actually, I'd love to hear from ugameck (our resident card collecting lawyer) on this one. It's something I've been meaning to ask him for awhile.

The languaging you've posted above says to me, "this is an authentic NFL jersey...but it may or may not be from the guy on the front of the card."

There's also a cute little disclaimer down at the bottom that says "This relic is not from any specific game, event, or season." Which also supports my theory of "someone wore this jersey once, but we don't know who it was."

So, ugameck, does my theory fit in to their description from a legal standpoint??

good call Wendy. georgia is a sharp fella,i have read some of his legal threads. he would know for sure!

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - skeen2 - 01-28-2012

THe front of the card contradicts the statements at the back

here is one that i pulled

[Image: break280010.jpg]

check on the lower right of the card it says PLAYER WORN RELIC ...

PLAYER WORN RELIC IN FRONT + AUTHENTIC RELIC of (PLAYER DEPICTED ON CARD ) AT THE BACK

SO DOES IT MEAN ... AUTHENTIC JERSEY WORN BY PLAYER X ( NOT SURE IF WORN IN A GAME OR IN AN EVENT OR ON THE BENCH WATCHING OTHER GUYS PLAY FOR THE SEASON )

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - rogue655 - 01-28-2012

in supreme if its game used it will say Game used, any thing else is event.

like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item1e6a3247cd&item=130630698957&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=8g6zA9BxLYZZvxGhp480AGxmhXo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - ricky williams 34 - 01-28-2012

(01-28-2012, 11:31 PM)skeen2 Wrote: THe front of the card contradicts the statements at the back

here is one that i pulled

[Image: break280010.jpg]

check on the lower right of the card it says PLAYER WORN RELIC ...

PLAYER WORN RELIC IN FRONT + AUTHENTIC RELIC of (PLAYER DEPICTED ON CARD ) AT THE BACK

SO DOES IT MEAN ... AUTHENTIC JERSEY WORN BY PLAYER X ( NOT SURE IF WORN IN A GAME OR IN AN EVENT OR ON THE BENCH WATCHING OTHER GUYS PLAY FOR THE SEASON )

Let's see the exact languaging on the back of this one...

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - pgrinpdt - 01-28-2012

My best guess is that they wear the jerseys probably at the signing events. Like when they come to sign tons of cards or when they come as a marketing tool. Even maybe charity events. Basically the player probably put the jersey on and took it off, lol.

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - dtcardcollector - 01-29-2012

You know this does bring up another interesting point in that, on the latest DT cards it still says: The enclosed game-worn material is guaranteed by Panini America, Inc.

Question being, how long and where are they still getting "game worn" jersey from a player (Derrick Thomas) who last played a game in 1999 and died suddenly so that nobody was planning to keep this stuff around?

RE: Can Someone explain what this mean ... AUTHENTIC - Sajman01 - 01-29-2012

Well, what exactly does 'Player Worn Relic' mean? Worn by a player but what player? Doesnt necessarily mean the one depicted. Doesn't necessarily mean it was Game Used either. Maybe there some undrafted rookie FA tied up in Topps basement who is forced to put on and take off jerseys all day. Eho knows.