Beckett Message Boards
Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Trading (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-53.html)
+---- Thread: Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question (/thread-1483213.html)

Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question - villand_erik - 01-27-2012

I have updated my org with my collection of RC's (Kobe's, Iverson, Durant's, Rondo's, Shaq and more) and 90's Inserts (some are pretty rare). I also have a bunch of G/U and Autos that are more recent. I am looking to sell anything and everything that is listed and if you are looking for other people or cards I have thousands that arent listed(PM me if you are looking for someone/something specific)

I had a question as to how much realistically to expect to get in return for the cards. Should I go off a certain percentage of the BV depending on the caliber of the player? If anybody could lend me their knowledge it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

RE: Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question - buckunteer - 01-27-2012

(01-27-2012, 07:03 PM)villand_erik Wrote: I have updated my org with my collection of RC's (Kobe's, Iverson, Durant's, Rondo's, Shaq and more) and 90's Inserts (some are pretty rare). I also have a bunch of G/U and Autos that are more recent. I am looking to sell anything and everything that is listed and if you are looking for other people or cards I have thousands that arent listed(PM me if you are looking for someone/something specific)

I had a question as to how much realistically to expect to get in return for the cards. Should I go off a certain percentage of the BV depending on the caliber of the player? If anybody could lend me their knowledge it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

Generally it goes based on a number of features: rarity of the card, quality of the set (like finest is premium, hoops is the other end of the spectrum, etc.), RCs of stars usually get premiums, as can tough-to-pull inserts. The first couple autograph sets (like 96-97 autographics, 97-98 sign of the times) and low-numbered sets also pull a premium since they were the first cards of their kind.

Also the bigger the lot, the lower the % of book value people will pay. As an example I just bought an 8-card lot of 90's Jordan inserts off of eBay for $24 shipped. Total bv was $161, so I paid only about 15% of book.

Hope this helps! And on that note, I could use the e-x2000 Jordan and that Mitch Richmond autograph. I may PM you an offer!

RE: Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question - villand_erik - 01-27-2012

Thanks for your help man, greatly appreciated. On a side note, I actually just moved the E-X2000 Jordan the other day and just took that out of my org. But with the Mitch Richmond auto, that is still very much available and i believe I have a few other good inserts that are currently not listed but just PM me if youre interested and I will see what else I can dig up!

Thanks again

RE: Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question - buckunteer - 01-27-2012

(01-27-2012, 09:53 PM)villand_erik Wrote: Thanks for your help man, greatly appreciated. On a side note, I actually just moved the E-X2000 Jordan the other day and just took that out of my org. But with the Mitch Richmond auto, that is still very much available and i believe I have a few other good inserts that are currently not listed but just PM me if youre interested and I will see what else I can dig up!

Thanks again

Fair enough. I'm just kinda hoping to pick up that MJ so I don't have to blow like $300 on a box (it's Kobe's RC year, everything from that year has skyrocketed). Anyway, I collect MJ (like everyone) and Mitch Richmond (probably the only one haha), so if you could scrounge up some Richmonds I don't have I'm sure we could work something out! Thanks Smile

RE: Everything in my ORG FS...plus a question - villand_erik - 01-27-2012

(01-27-2012, 10:03 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Fair enough. I'm just kinda hoping to pick up that MJ so I don't have to blow like $300 on a box (it's Kobe's RC year, everything from that year has skyrocketed). Anyway, I collect MJ (like everyone) and Mitch Richmond (probably the only one haha), so if you could scrounge up some Richmonds I don't have I'm sure we could work something out! Thanks Smile

My Dad actually has the entire 96-97 E-X2000 set and he used to give us his doubles when he used to collect. Those cards were the coolest to look at when I was younger and they still are some of the coolest looking cards in my opinion.(But he wants to hold on to it understandably) But I will take the night and try and scrounge up my better Mitch Richmonds and see if I have any decent Jordans as well. I will PM you once I see what I have. Thanks man