Beckett Message Boards
What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion (/thread-1474700.html)

Pages: 1 2

What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - dspainjr - 01-14-2012

Started this tread to see what everyone's opinion is of what is trending in baseball cards (veteran, rookie, prospect, set...etc). Hoping this will help collectors like me who do not know what to add to their orgs to trade for their wants. Let the discussion begin!

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - sxfn4lf - 01-14-2012

To me I think it's patches, autos and low numbered parallels. Any BIG name base RCs I think do well too... Hosmer, Harper etc

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - showstopper2 - 01-14-2012

tougher 90's inserts of all the big name players of the day.. I know I'm chasing alot of them and so aren't many other collectors out there

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - yankees_pride - 01-14-2012

I would say Autos!! Everyone I trade with adds autos. I think it's the first thing they do. On the left side of the trade page they click autos and go from there. With all of the uncertainty in game used people don't usually risk it unless its a PC guy. Also I think people try to get prospects but are usually to late and try and grab people that are already big money. I.e. Harper

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - dspainjr - 01-14-2012

Great opinions guys, keep them coming.

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - Sajman01 - 01-14-2012

Never been a fan of game-used myself.

Can never lose with autos, especially on cards autos. I think that's why Bowman Chrome has maintained it's popularity for all these years.

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - krykslr - 01-14-2012

spending 10x too much on unproven prospects...

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - jacobystealshome - 01-14-2012

poster earlier nailed in: rare mid-90's inserts...and i think 2 years from now it will be rarer inserts from 2000-2001

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - charleybrown - 01-14-2012

(01-14-2012, 02:54 PM)krykslr Wrote: spending 10x too much on unproven prospects...

haha too true.
The 90's inserts are popular. But i think ultimately its all personal preference - more like favorite players than types of cards.

With the products coming out in the past years I would say prospects are the big thing. It seems the only products NOT based on prospects are TTT and tribute.

RE: What is trending now in the baseball cards? Give your opinion - krykslr - 01-14-2012

(01-14-2012, 03:44 PM)charleybrown Wrote: haha too true.
The 90's inserts are popular. But i think ultimately its all personal preference - more like favorite players than types of cards.

With the products coming out in the past years I would say prospects are the big thing. It seems the only products NOT based on prospects are TTT and tribute.

and Ginter, Lineage, Heritage....