Beckett Message Boards
Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad (/thread-1474362.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - Marinocollector - 01-12-2012

Here's a couple of other weird 90's variants that remain uncatalogued. I dont think any of these are scarcer than the other, but just something to put make the purr of your Supercollection that much sweeter....

1996 Ultra Medallion foil variation
Available in 3 colors... bronze, silver, and gold. This one can almost go unnoticed until you shuffle through a LARGE amount of 1996 Ultra. Easiest to tell the variations apart in person... Although, even then, the bronze and silver require major squinting...
[Image: DSCF8758.jpg]

1993 Bowman Foil variation
Available in 3 colors, Green, Gold, Purple... almost impossible to tell from scans/pictures, very obvious in person...
[Image: DSCF8756.jpg]

2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blaster Exclusive
I busted the heck out if 2000 Quantum Leaf hobby/retail (almost 2 full base sets... 350 cards... 4 cards/pack)... I planned to do the same in 2001, but the hobby price was too much for me... and the only place with blasters was K-Mart, which had a special non-foiled version. Wish i bought the blaster now, as these singles are IMPOSSIBLE. so happy I snagged the Marino on accident in a giant lot.
[Image: DSCF8760.jpg]

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - uwash97 - 01-12-2012

LOL thanks for adding more cards to my Favre want list, jerk! Wink

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - bakerman8419 - 01-12-2012

lol. Im not mad just have to add more cards to the wantlist lol.

BTW I have the B versions of #450 and #465 so that sucks for the both of us.

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - cody_allen - 01-12-2012

Nice I wondered about the bowman cause I have a Barry sanders green and the only other one I saw want lol

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - chads-cards - 01-12-2012

I always have trouble identifying retail and hobby

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - htoutlaws - 01-12-2012

(01-12-2012, 02:11 PM)uwash97 Wrote: LOL thanks for adding more cards to my SANDERS want list, jerk! Wink

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - lambeau legend4 - 01-12-2012

(01-12-2012, 02:11 PM)uwash97 Wrote: LOL thanks for adding more cards to my Favre want list, jerk! Wink

LOL!! +1 ... But at least its kinda fun to chase the varients, and very exciting when found!

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - cody_allen - 01-12-2012

Ill trade the green sanders Smile

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - jacobclark04240 - 01-12-2012

(01-12-2012, 05:25 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I always have trouble identifying retail and hobby

I really wish they had a blurb in the individual card pages or even the set page detailing how to tell the difference with some of them. Not being able to tell the retail/hobby differences without posting the question on here or looking onoine can be frustrating. I don't think they should have it for each set necessarily, but some of the more frustrating ones at least.

RE: Weird 90s base card variants that make Bakerman mad - Marinocollector - 01-13-2012

(01-12-2012, 11:24 PM)jacobclark04240 Wrote: I really wish they had a blurb in the individual card pages or even the set page detailing how to tell the difference with some of them. Not being able to tell the retail/hobby differences without posting the question on here or looking onoine can be frustrating. I don't think they should have it for each set necessarily, but some of the more frustrating ones at least.

They do in the almanac. The variations I have shown are not listed ANYWHERE. Even the 2001 Quantum Blasters card.