Beckett Message Boards
Magnetics or screwdowns??? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Magnetics or screwdowns??? (/thread-1473468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Magnetics or screwdowns??? - superynaldo - 01-07-2012

I am working on getting all my PC into either, and I was wondering which is the better way to go??? I have quite a few one screw screwdowns bc18 or something like that, but, I am thinking of doing all my cards (except base) in mags... I have the 360pt super thick cards covered, but I need to do all my booklets, jerseys, etc... There are way too many size mags, and I need to know what sizes to go with... Please help!!!

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - chads-cards - 01-08-2012

My stuff is in both...truly just do what you like

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - all day baby - 01-08-2012

I prefer screwdowns myself, but my PC cards happen to be in screwdowns, magnetic one-touches, a few graded slabs, and even in a couple toploaders, then everything is in a two-row shoebox.

It's not about the holders... it's only about the cards.

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - phinzphan1372 - 01-08-2012

Look at all my pics... I use magnetics and then use ultra pro graded card sleeved to wrap them in so there is no change moisture will get in or they accidentally open . . . also the magnetic / crew downs scratch and scuff so easily that the extra sleeve is worth it ( you may already know this but it may help out some newer collectors) The biggest thing that irks me is some companies make their magnetic holders with the positive magnet on the same side as some companies put the negative negative ... so they push apart and slide when you stack em .... so buy em all from the same company ! screw downs have always been a pain in the A $$ for me Smile
side note ... you can fit roughly 150 to 180 ish cards in magnetics (depending on the pts) in a 3 row box

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - oumike83 - 01-08-2012

Which magnetic holder do u need for the Ultimate 6 patch cards. The shop I go to every now and then has the 180pt one and that isnt big enuff. I figured that was the biggest but didnt no. Thanks for any info
Mike
Well just looked on blowout and seen that there are 360pt. So I guess thats what I need. Lol Later guys

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - ricky williams 34 - 01-08-2012

(01-07-2012, 11:44 PM)superynaldo Wrote: I am working on getting all my PC into either, and I was wondering which is the better way to go??? I have quite a few one screw screwdowns bc18 or something like that, but, I am thinking of doing all my cards (except base) in mags... I have the 360pt super thick cards covered, but I need to do all my booklets, jerseys, etc... There are way too many size mags, and I need to know what sizes to go with... Please help!!!

Well, if you're planning to buy a ton of cards, just get a box of each size of magnetics then you can't go wrong. That's what I did. Two boxes of 35pt, and one box of every other size. Then you're covered.

If you don't want to fork out the cash for that, then take your cards to the LCS with you and figure out the sizes you do need.

And ADB if you need some more screwdowns, drop me a PM. I hate those damn things! LOL

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - superynaldo - 01-08-2012

Yeah, I always use ultra pro team bags over EVERY protected card to prevent any scratching...and I too, if I go purely the mag way, will have quite a few brand new one screw screwdowns up for grabs... Thanks!!!

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - phinzphan1372 - 01-08-2012

I seem to go through alot of 50 and 80pt holdersH

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - superynaldo - 01-08-2012

(01-08-2012, 12:03 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I seem to go through alot of 50 and 80pt holdersH

Yeah, looks like I need to buy a bunch of each, and see what fits what... I just wanted to be sure all my cards are in the correct sizes...

RE: Magnetics or screwdowns??? - patsfan129 - 01-08-2012

(01-08-2012, 11:53 AM)superynaldo Wrote: Yeah, I always use ultra pro team bags over EVERY protected card to prevent any scratching...and I too, if I go purely the mag way, will have quite a few brand new one screw screwdowns up for grabs... Thanks!!!

grrr yes scratched mags. and toploaders....is there anything worse! it looks terrible and it costs a ton lol