Beckett Message Boards
Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... (/thread-1466293.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - msimonds - 11-18-2011

2 part question

1.). Do you think his BV will go up? After 3 solid weeks of performing, still at originating value...

2.) if he stays on this pace, and the cowboys keep winning, do you think he could be a possibility for ROY? He is leading all RC RBs in rushing. I think it would be awesome being the last Cowboy to win was Emmitt.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - pbean - 11-18-2011

kinda reminds me of LeGarrette last year, came on strong mid-season, but Cam is going to be the ROY imho ..... QB's get all the love Sad

as for BV's I think he's peaked too many autos of him out there.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - msimonds - 11-18-2011

The top 3 IMO are Cam, Murray, and Dalton. What do they consider when selecting ROY? Is it stats? Is it wins? Is it impact on teams? Like break these down.

Cam is 7th in passing
Murray is 11th in rushing (with only starting 4 games!)
Dalton is 20th in passing

Cam is 2-7
Murray is 5-4
Dalton is 6-3

Impact on team.... Cam is A natural leader and great talent. Murray has opened the cowboys running game which in turned opened their passing game. Dalton has mustered wins with his passing game.

IMHO it is open to any three of these. The next 4-5 games will decide. I think Murray has a great chance if he keeps producing and ends up top 5 in rushing this year with 4 less starts!!

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - ironman71635 - 11-18-2011

I think cam is a shoe in for ROY

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - CowboysFanatic - 11-18-2011

I think if Demarco Murray can keep playing like he did last week then yes absolutely should get ROY. If cam keeps playing like he did last week, he isnt gonna stand a honest chance.

And i do think his BV should go up as just about everyone of his good card are going for way above BV. The Chrome crystal atomic is now in the 500 buck range when just 2 weeks ago the first few was in the 175-250 range

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - superynaldo - 11-18-2011

I say Dalton, he is playing on a mediocre team and actually WINNING... much more than that loser Palmer did... ROY all the way!!

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - arod1973 - 11-18-2011

Cam has slowed down his pace since his torrid pace he set the first few games so I think it opens the door for DeMarco...

Dalton is doing great but since his stats are as flashy as Cam's or DeMarco's I don't think he will win...

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - chevy man 22 - 11-18-2011

how can you be ROY when your team has the 2nd worst record in the NFL ?

Indy 0-10

St. Louis, Minnesota, Carolina, and Miami all tied at 2-7 where as Cicny is 6-3.

If Cam Newton win ROY then everyone will know it's a popularity contest and not a true stats based award.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - arod1973 - 11-18-2011

Dalton's Win-Loss is better but Cam has the better individual stats..
More yds passing, higher QB Rating, More TDs when you count in his 7 Rushing TDs, more rushing yds..

(11-18-2011, 01:55 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: how can you be ROY when your team has the 2nd worst record in the NFL ?

Indy 0-10

St. Louis, Minnesota, Carolina, and Miami all tied at 2-7 where as Cicny is 6-3.

If Cam Newton win ROY then everyone will know it's a popularity contest and not a true stats based award.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - blaynero - 11-18-2011

Still a long way to go in the season. Dalton is the front runner right now IMO because of the wins. With that being said the Bengals are going into the tough part of the schedule playing the Ravens twice, Steelers once & the Texans.

Felix Jones coming back may hurt DeMarco Murrays chances at winning ROY if they start splitting carries. QB's generally win it so I think that takes him out of the race.

Cam Newton is the odds on favorite. The big passing numbers look good plus he's ran in 7 TD's this year.

If Dalton were to get the Bengals into the playoffs it would be a close race which is going to be extremely tough with the Steelers and the Ravens in the same division. I'd say the smart money will be on Cam Newton to win it.