Beckett Message Boards
wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to (/thread-1464051.html)

Pages: 1 2

wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - michaelstepper - 10-30-2011

had a few singles listed on ebay and I've never been in this hobby to make money but after needing to sell some items I feel a little disheartened by taking a loss of nearly 300 off what I spent as little as a year ago. It is what it is but damn....

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - dbroockerd - 10-30-2011

I hear ya!!! Its not what it used to be.

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - dbacks08 - 10-30-2011

Give it a few years.... interest will be back through the roof when he's inducted into the HOF.

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - homerjg007 - 10-30-2011

the economy isn't helping as well. As soon as he goes into the Hall it will pick back up

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - michaelstepper - 10-30-2011

hopefully by then I'm back on the "buying" end of things. scary if i'm not :S

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - PadresFan86 - 10-30-2011

Let's face it. This hobby is dying

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - the cardboard fan - 10-30-2011

I don't think it is him or so much the hobby... the economy is in the toilet and has been for awhile now

Not all have been effected by it but many have

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - kata78 - 10-30-2011

The economy is garbage. I was spending crazy amounts of money on cards when I had a job. Now I am a unemployed for awhile now. The only reason I have what I have is from selling all the cards I bought when I was raking in money at my last job to buy other cards....lol.

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - michaelstepper - 10-30-2011

hard to hear so many people not having jobs. I have one. barely pays the bills but I do have one. only selling what I don't really need or have one from that set already such as a max or super patch. don't really need two cards from those sets. I do however have my sig up for sale as well as the sweet spots for a larger bit of breathing room. if either one sells the other is automatically coming off the block. rather sell the junior set. Moving from Alaska I had a pretty cush job and we were pretty immune to the hardships of the economy, here in Iowa it's been the complete opposite. had something nice lined up but they backed out last minute. Hope to hear things pick up for you kata.

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to - reido918 - 11-10-2011

(10-30-2011, 01:58 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: hard to hear so many people not having jobs. I have one. barely pays the bills but I do have one. only selling what I don't really need or have one from that set already such as a max or super patch. don't really need two cards from those sets. I do however have my sig up for sale as well as the sweet spots for a larger bit of breathing room. if either one sells the other is automatically coming off the block. rather sell the junior set. Moving from Alaska I had a pretty cush job and we were pretty immune to the hardships of the economy, here in Iowa it's been the complete opposite. had something nice lined up but they backed out last minute. Hope to hear things pick up for you kata.

Didn't you say you were in Osky? I don't see the effects of the economy here like there has been in other parts of the country. But I guess it all depends on what business one is in. Hopefully, it turns around for you and Griffey. Now may be a good time for me to pick up an auto of his on the cheap...