Beckett Message Boards
Another Driver Thread.......... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Box Breaks (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+---- Thread: Another Driver Thread.......... (/thread-1461583.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Another Driver Thread.......... - noahnator - 10-11-2011

Alex (DRIVER) left to get me a case of T.C. & (4) Triple Threads. First time buying TTT this year. Hope it is good.

I will only post what is good, I mean really good.

RE: Another Driver Thread.......... - johnxgodfree - 10-11-2011

mind if I ask what you do for a living that you have a driver that you seem to namedrop constantly haha Wink

good luck on the break, if you pull any braves autos/parallels from let me know still a couple we are looking to grab from that set

RE: Another Driver Thread.......... - noahnator - 10-11-2011

You can ask, but you won't understand. I own a business that works with insurance companies, and I am not an agent.

If you had a driver, wouldn't you say it. Why keep it in, BRAG. Sorry, but I am full of my self. hahahha

(10-11-2011, 05:03 PM)noahnator Wrote: You can ask, but you won't understand. I own a business that works with insurance companies, and I am not an agent.

If you had a driver, wouldn't you say it. Why keep it in, BRAG. Sorry, but I am full of my self. hahahha

"but you won't understand"

between that and all the other posts, you don't think you are putting other people off and coming off as really insulting, condescending or just annoying?

I can tell you are full of yourself as you brag about owning hundreds of thousands of everything, you bust cases like they are 25 cent candies, and you have your own driver! you only have told us in about 75% of your 30 something odd posts so far haha

you seem to ask a lot of questions about the hobby, with your experience, vast collection and the fact you have a driver/assistant you can't just pay them to do research for you?

RE: Another Driver Thread.......... - cheetos - 10-11-2011

(10-11-2011, 05:18 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: "but you won't understand"

between that and all the other posts, you don't think you are putting other people off and coming off as really insulting, condescending or just annoying?

I can tell you are full of yourself as you brag about owning hundreds of thousands of everything, you bust cases like they are 25 cent candies, and you have your own driver! you only have told us in about 75% of your 30 something odd posts so far haha

you seem to ask a lot of questions about the hobby, with your experience, vast collection and the fact you have a driver/assistant you can't just pay them to do research for you?

+1, BAM! You beat me to it John, thanks for speaking up for us "simple" people

That's a good idea. I might ask that of him for his next duty.

But honestly, I was just joking around guys. I do have an assistant, which I call my driver. He doesn't mind and I pay my employee's quite well.

For what I do, INSURANCE REPLACEMENT SERVICE. Meaning, replace items for insured's, during thefts, catastrophe's, hurricances, etc.. I help people build back what they lost. Smile

Who cares if I brag or full of myself. I have worked my butt off, to get me where I am, and damn proud of it.

Yes, I know alot about collecting. This is the first year, of getting heavy into the new stuff so I have questions. I tend to lean towards vintage.

So, I apologize if I seem is was bragging, just trying to shed light and laugh a little. Smile
I am 37 years old, live in Southern California, drive a Suburban, have 3 kids: 4year old boy (MY MAN), 15 year old daught & a 18 year old daughter.

I have been married for 6 years, been with the same woman for over 11 years. What else you want to know. I am sleeved in tattoo's, have my nipples pierced, AND LOVE COLLECTING.

AND IF I SEEM I INSULTED THE LITTLE MAN, I WAS JUST JOKING. I WASN'T TRYING TO COME OFF LIKE THAT, MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES TO THOSE I HAVE OFFENDED.

RE: Another Driver Thread.......... - cheetos - 10-11-2011

(10-11-2011, 05:26 PM)noahnator Wrote: That's a good idea. I might ask that of him for his next duty.

But honestly, I was just joking around guys. I do have an assistant, which I call my driver. He doesn't mind and I pay my employee's quite well.

For what I do, INSURANCE REPLACEMENT SERVICE. Meaning, replace items for insured's, during thefts, catastrophe's, hurricances, etc.. I help people build back what they lost. Smile

Who cares if I brag or full of myself. I have worked my butt off, to get me where I am, and damn proud of it.

Yes, I know alot about collecting. This is the first year, of getting heavy into the new stuff so I have questions. I tend to lean towards vintage.

So, I apologize if I seem is was bragging, just trying to shed light and laugh a little. Smile

You know its not about bragging, I agree, if you've worked hard then you deserve to talk about it. I enjoy hearing about your box/case breaks as much as anyone else. What you are lacking in your post is some common courtesy. Don't assume that just because we collect cardboard we won't understand what you ( or anyone else) does for a living. Let's all play nice Tongue

that is why I smiled at the start, it was more "is he really serious?" I rarely argue or fuss or fight with anyone on here...I actually find it really annoying just noticed lately your posts were all leaning towards a big flashy braggy sorta attitude. rubbed me wrong ;P

that is cool though, I guess a lot of us here just weren't privvy to the joking around about the assistant haha

pride in what you do is a good thing, it just seemed like overbearing gloating there. I understand the getting into the new stuff and having questions all too well had a 15 year break from the hobby all together been back around 2 years now. its a whole new cardboard world.

edit: back to your regular scheduled cardboard busting!

Anyways, I am busting open my first box now. Please hold.

RE: Another Driver Thread.......... - p18mann - 10-11-2011

(10-11-2011, 05:26 PM)noahnator Wrote: have my nipples pierced,

TMI buddy T.M.I

oh ya, keep me in mind for any strasburg or hank aaron cards you pull