Beckett Message Boards
Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown (/thread-1459330.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - chrisa19978 - 09-24-2011

Its been a long time since a hitter did it 1967 but he has a chance as he is 1st in RBI's, tied for 1st in Homeruns, and in 3rd for batting average .006 points down.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - jtulliakat0628 - 09-24-2011

And that's a big 6 points down and with the amount of games left, I am not so sure he will be able to catch Reyes or Braun. We will have too see.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - alexs64 - 09-24-2011

He should win MVP over Braun, he is on a crappy team and battling for the Triple Crown. None of the other candidates are in the position. Braun is having a great season don't get me wrong, Kemp is just having a slightly better one.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - jtulliakat0628 - 09-24-2011

(09-24-2011, 11:05 PM)alexs64 Wrote: He should win MVP over Braun, he is on a crappy team and battling for the Triple Crown. None of the other candidates are in the position. Braun is having a great season don't get me wrong, Kemp is just having a slightly better one.

No sir! You are incorrect! He should not win!

YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL!

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - the cardboard fan - 09-24-2011

^ Yeah but Braun is doing it on a winning team which seems to factor in a lot of times whether it should or not

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - chrisa19978 - 09-24-2011

I am saying though if he were to lead in all 3 catagories I don't see how they coudn't give it to him. If here were to only get 2 of the 3 then he might get skipped because Braun is on a winning team.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - alexs64 - 09-24-2011

It's going to be close.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - daddys lil all star - 09-25-2011

I say Kemp deserves the MVP and comeback POY. Lets look at numbers: Braun to this day has 146 games played. Kemp: 157. HR's Braun: 32, Kemp: 37, AVG: Braun .331 Kemp .325. SB's Braun: 31, Kemp 40. Protection in the line-up: Braun- Fielder, Kemp - No one. This has been all season. I'm going based off numbers and the numbers to me look like Kemp is a more Valuable Player. Yeah braun is on a winning team but that should be errelevant. If so they should name the award MVP on winning team. How valuable would the Brewers be without Braun as opposed to Dodgers without Kemp. Think about it. Thats just my 2 cents and this is not based on the fact that my fav. player is Matt Kemp.(maybe just a little) Anyone else agree? Kershaw is on a losing team aswell and I believe he WILL win the Cy.
(09-24-2011, 11:22 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: No sir! You are incorrect! He should not win!

YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL!

Games Played - Braun:146 games played. Kemp: 157.
HR's: Braun 32, Kemp 37,
AVG: Braun .331 Kemp .325.
SB's Braun 31, Kemp 40.
RBI: Braun 109, Kemp 119
SO: Braun 93, Kemp 155
OBP: .394, Kemp .401
SLG: Braun .593, Kemp .582
Protection in the line-up: Braun- Fielder, Kemp - No one.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - shaunbaus - 09-25-2011

To me winning is important, winning is the ultimate goal. The season ultimately means nothing if you don't win. Even with Kemp they are not winning... If you take Braun off of the Brewers, the Brewers would not be winning therefore he is pretty valuable to the team. I do believe if you swapped each player then yes Kemp would be the MVP but unfortunately for him he's on the Dodgers.

RE: Wow Matt Kemp has a chance for the Triple Crown - jason32rich - 09-25-2011

I think it's amazing what Kemp has done since he has had basically zero protection in that lineup all season, and he has a real shot at going 40/40 AND winning the triple crown in the same season. The voting should be interesting