Beckett Message Boards
Complaint about dealers - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Complaint about dealers (/thread-1458999.html)

Pages: 1 2

Complaint about dealers - Optimus_Prime - 09-22-2011

So i know everybody is not like this, but this guy really just pissed me off.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290291208653

I submit an offer of $1.75. (i know its low but i expect a counter offer) and it auto refuses. So i submit aother offer of $2.25 and it auto refuses. Curious i email him to see what his lowest offer is because i explain in the letter that i would love to own this for a PC. And i get the response

"your offers are not offers. please do not bother."

Which you're probably thinking that i'm being the jerk for low balling him. But let me explain how i've arrived to my bids.
1) he lowered his price from 9.99 to 7.99. I'm guessing he didn't get a lot of traffic on this card. I was willing to spend up to 5.00 + shipping but i was curious to see if i could get a deal.
2)
2008-09 O-Pee-Chee 1979-80 Retro 550 BV$8.00 = Got it for 1.25 2008-09 SP Game Used 108 BV$12.00 = got it for 2.75
2008-09 SPx 116 BV$12.00 = got it for 3.15
2008-09 Upper Deck MVP Gold Script 354 BV$8.00 = got it for 1.50
2008-09 UD Black Lettermen Patch RC BV 30.00 = got it for 3.00

So i mean really, Am i that far off? Is it me who was being the dick? Hey, if im wrong and insulting with bids of that low, tell me. I'll send an apology but i mean you can't really go by what the BV. Something is only worth what somebody else is willing to spend. Customer service is my number one pet peeve in this world and it just chaps my ***** when there's bad service, hence why i'm posting this to make sure my feelings are valid my therapist says i should validate my feelings. It'll make things better. Wink

RE: Complaint about dealers - gmccarth - 09-22-2011

Tough call, because you can't get around the auto-decline. If I'm worried about my offer being perceived as a low-ball I will put a note on the offer explaining my logic, like you did in your post. I suppose you could do the same thing in a message to the seller if it auto declines. In this case it sounds like he's not sure if he wants to sell the card or not. Some people you just can't reason with.

RE: Complaint about dealers - bonnev659 - 09-22-2011

he is one of the guys on ebay... that has been mention, will be burried in his cards because he thinks there are worth gold

it is a show stamp card, just watch it.... sooner or later he will have to move his stuff

RE: Complaint about dealers - shezdoni - 09-23-2011

(09-22-2011, 06:35 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: he is one of the guys on ebay... that has been mention, will be burried in his cards because he thinks there are worth gold

it is a show stamp card, just watch it.... sooner or later he will have to move his stuff

He must be doing something right. he has 11,884 feedback and only 10 negs since 2002.

(09-22-2011, 06:01 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: So i mean really, Am i that far off? Is it me who was being the dick? Hey, if im wrong and insulting with bids of that low, tell me. I'll send an apology but i mean you can't really go by what the BV. Something is only worth what somebody else is willing to spend. Customer service is my number one pet peeve in this world and it just chaps my ***** when there's bad service, hence why i'm posting this to make sure my feelings are valid my therapist says i should validate my feelings. It'll make things better. Wink

insulting offer,yes, being a richard, I don't know you well enough to say Smile

IMHO, what you should have done is sent him a message asking what his best offer on the card was, then went from there, remember, you can catch a lot more fly's with honey, then you can if you keep swatting at them

RE: Complaint about dealers - rcm331 - 09-23-2011

From personal experienece, I hate that seller. Bonnev659 is right, he thinks he has the best cards in the world. I tried to get multiple cards off of him before and his Best Offer was $5 less than it was marked. If I see he is the seller, I won't even bother.

He does have a lot of ratings but I am sure most of them are people who want to pay BV, or more in some cases, for the cards.

RE: Complaint about dealers - Optimus_Prime - 09-23-2011

I know it really doesn't matter at this point, But it's good to know i'm not too far off in my pricing of cards. I purchased the same card, number 3/10 for $2.95 from another dealer who seemed to be just as popular.

And you cannot go by feedback scores alone. I cannot leave feedback on an item i feel is over priced. Also, how many of you refuse to leave negative feedback? I know there's a few on the board here. Wink

RE: Complaint about dealers - bonnev659 - 09-23-2011

i just sit and wait for some items, and sometimes i get lucky and other times i don't, I had 1 card I waited from the seller to drop from $60 with $15 shipping.. after a year I got it $25 with $4 shipped

(09-23-2011, 07:22 AM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: I know it really doesn't matter at this point, But it's good to know i'm not too far off in my pricing of cards. I purchased the same card, number 3/10 for $2.95 from another dealer who seemed to be just as popular.

And you cannot go by feedback scores alone. I cannot leave feedback on an item i feel is over priced. Also, how many of you refuse to leave negative feedback? I know there's a few on the board here. Wink

100% agree with feedback

(09-23-2011, 05:21 AM)rcm331 Wrote: From personal experienece, I hate that seller. Bonnev659 is right, he thinks he has the best cards in the world. I tried to get multiple cards off of him before and his Best Offer was $5 less than it was marked. If I see he is the seller, I won't even bother.

He does have a lot of ratings but I am sure most of them are people who want to pay BV, or more in some cases, for the cards.

100% agree, just wait it out

RE: Complaint about dealers - NHLsnipers - 09-23-2011

I've noticed more guys/dealers like that on the Bay lately. They have either obnoxious BIT's and then decline all offers or just flat out decline your offer without even attempting a counter.

Just last night, I saw a card that would probably go for $40-50 with a BIT for $100 and a Best Offer. I offer $30, expecting a counter and he sends me a counter of $90. Either the guy just has no clue of the eBay value of the card or hes just dreaming.

RE: Complaint about dealers - newfiecomicguy1 - 09-26-2011

I dislike that he controls a huge corner of the market and has unreasonable prices on most of his/her stuff. I have made offers higher then the previous few have sold for and got similar emails. I don't understand how someone can have an item listed for $200 that normally sells for $30-40 and won't consider a reasonable offer. Obviously this person thinks his cards is worth more or is willing to wait. I guess it is up to him/her if they want to sit on them but it just don't make any sense. I don't even make offers on his/her stuff any more.

RE: Complaint about dealers - bonnev659 - 09-26-2011

(09-26-2011, 06:57 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: I dislike that he controls a huge corner of the market and has unreasonable prices on most of his/her stuff. I have made offers higher then the previous few have sold for and got similar emails. I don't understand how someone can have an item listed for $200 that normally sells for $30-40 and won't consider a reasonable offer. Obviously this person thinks his cards is worth more or is willing to wait. I guess it is up to him/her if they want to sit on them but it just don't make any sense. I don't even make offers on his/her stuff any more.

just look at all the fees he is losing Angel