Beckett Message Boards
Wouldn't it be nice if.... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Wouldn't it be nice if.... (/thread-1458394.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wouldn't it be nice if.... - bakerman8419 - 09-17-2011

Card companies could release products for "in college" athletes? Right now Im watching my Canes and Lamar Miller is running up and down the field and all Im thinking is I cant wait until this guy goes pro so I can land some of his cards. lol. I know there are a lot of college football fans here and wanted to know...wouldn't it be cool to collect a player during his college career rather than waiting until he goes pro???

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - mattfastiggi - 09-17-2011

Yah but unfortunately college playes can't get paid while they're in college so therefore they'd have to allow production of cards for free, which I don't think is possible (idk?)

I would LOVE to get LeMichael James in his Ducks uni

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - superynaldo - 09-17-2011

Yes!!! I would buy Jaxon Shipley stuff all day long!!! I want exquiste style stuff for sure!!! Great idea!!!

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - bigtrip18 - 09-17-2011

I'm not for it, but I don't mind seeing as 12 or 13 rookies from Wisconsin make it on NFL rosters each yr so I'm good.

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - rgf17 - 09-17-2011

(09-17-2011, 08:47 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Card companies could release products for "in college" athletes? Right now Im watching my Canes and Lamar Miller is running up and down the field and all Im thinking is I cant wait until this guy goes pro so I can land some of his cards. lol. I know there are a lot of college football fans here and wanted to know...wouldn't it be cool to collect a player during his college career rather than waiting until he goes pro???

dalton botts your new punter is a local boy from my area.

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - r23b - 09-17-2011

[Image: miller.jpg]

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - biglump007 - 09-17-2011

To much of a headache who would know from year to year what players are gonna be good and should have cards and what players are gonna suck and shouldn't

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - CowboysFanatic - 09-17-2011

would be awesome but i agree with lump. If they did it it would have to be a limited run of proven players only if card companies were able to score a deal with the NCAA to even do it. However that would lead to a collection of cards that would surely have a huge market and endless potential. Kinda surprised it hasnt already been done now that you bring it up.

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - superynaldo - 09-17-2011

We could always start making our own on here...Wink

RE: Wouldn't it be nice if.... - spazmatastic - 09-18-2011

I think it is a massively BAD idea! (no offense, Baker)! There are way too many factors that would enter into this scenario. There are too many to name. I don't think that will EVER happen, JUST b/c of the NCAA rules. I don't think it SHOULD happen b/c there are WAY too many players in the NCAA. I am already PO'd by the amount of 'RC hits' in current NFL products. NFL card releases should go back to pics of players (veterans OR rookies) in their NFL uniform. I am sooooooo tired of all the 'hits' in NEW NFL boxes being nothing but fake/event-worn "MEM" cards. I want REAL cards, NOT rookie BS & fake memorabilia.
I WANT MY 'HITS' TO BE OF ACTUAL NFL VETERAN PLAYERS!!! I am SICK of 'hits' being players that will never play one Down in the NFL. Is that too much to ask of Topps & Panini???????