Beckett Message Boards
2011-12 Victory any good? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: 2011-12 Victory any good? (/thread-1457042.html)

Pages: 1 2

2011-12 Victory any good? - irbecards32 - 09-08-2011

Are these cards any good? Im guessing there pretty low end, but its only $9.99 for an 11 pack box so I picked one it. Nothing special in em but im sure I can get my money back selling some of the cards. Was just wondering if there are any inserts in them worth pulling

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - mrspudhead - 09-08-2011

If you buy a few Victory packs and you like them, then they are good. Personally, I like Victory cards and am putting together the red parallels just because I'm a set collector and it's fun. But I also buy mid to high end cards like Artifacts, SP Authentic, Ultimate, a box of The Cup and even Dominion when it comes out. It's your collection, whatever you decide to do, enjoy it! Spud

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - bruinsfan08 - 09-08-2011

Yeah, for an inexpensive product, there are some exciting hits if you're buying it, like the red parallels in the hobby fat packs, or the possibility of black parallels in the other packs available (including retail blasters, that's where I got one.) It's also a fairly easy set to piece together, and you can accumulate the RC's and base set in a hurry, as well as the insert sets. For a starter set, it's fun, and the more rare parallels turn out to be solid trade bait, if you're lucky enough to land a decent player.

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - bonnev659 - 09-08-2011

for the price point it is good

look at score... $1 a pack can't complain there
check that, $1 at most places... my lcs has them for $3 a pack... needless to say it is collecting dust as i wont touch it to he lowers his prices

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - leadmetogreatness - 09-08-2011

from a non hockey collector I picked one up just because the target where I work didn't have much for bkball. It was fun to scratch the itch. I trade them for bruins or any sport as I trade the rest of my hockey junk away.

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - nuccionino - 09-08-2011

Comparing score and victory is hard because score is so much better. Victory is good for the price but no way you can get your money back unless you get a black or a nice red. Most rookies and inserts are .25 cent cards max. But if you hit a black, jackpot

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - irbecards32 - 09-08-2011

(09-08-2011, 05:58 AM)mrspudhead Wrote: If you buy a few Victory packs and you like them, then they are good. Personally, I like Victory cards and am putting together the red parallels just because I'm a set collector and it's fun. But I also buy mid to high end cards like Artifacts, SP Authentic, Ultimate, a box of The Cup and even Dominion when it comes out. It's your collection, whatever you decide to do, enjoy it! Spud

I pretty much just bought them cause I happened to be in Target looking at cards and they has a sign for 2010-11 Artifacts boxes $15.00 and was mad they didnt have any left. I remembered reading that Artifacts were good card and thought that price sounded pretty cheap. But since they didnt have any I picked the next cheapest thing cause I wanted to buy something haha

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - mswatson - 09-09-2011

I'm with mrspudhead, I like them and am putting together the set, both regular and red parallel. I did the red parallels last year and it was more of a challenge than youd think.

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - ricebondsmntna2young - 09-09-2011

I've never been wowed by Victory until last year's release of the Red parallels, which look really cool.

For lower end, I've always enjoyed opening each pack of OPC...there's so much stuff in there.

RE: 2011-12 Victory any good? - jafi1972 - 09-10-2011

I decided to buy a box. Have to look over the cards again to pick out the red parallels as I was only keeping my eye out for a black parallel which happened to be Ondrej Pavelic (think I spelled it right. lol) from Atl/Wpg.