Beckett Message Boards
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This... (/thread-1456545.html)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES, pg.61) - mnc99 - 09-25-2011

I'd have to go with the Bourque/MacInnis dual.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES, pg.61) - bonnev659 - 09-25-2011

close race again

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES Runoff Initiated) - ricebondsmntna2young - 09-25-2011

I'm about ready to perform a coin flip, literally, for both top vote-getters. I think it'd be fun, though, to hear ideas about how to pick a winner between these two, since I get the feeling ties are going to be pretty common going forward:

mrspudhead's Kiprusoff Jerseys Patches Tag (click link)
hockeyvadim's MacInnis Tundra Tandems (click link)

(09-25-2011, 08:28 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Flames Vote Closes Tonight at 8pm PT

hockeyvadim's MacInnis/Bourque Artifacts: 6 (bguz; jafi; wick; irbef; iluv; mnc99)
mrspudhead's Kiprusoff Artifacts: 6 (rvell; thund; Bruins91; rice; crawler; bimola)
jafi1972's Kiprusoff OPCP: 1 (bonnev)
scarrman's Kiprusoff Upper Deck: 1 (spud)
jaykayzee's Iginla Ultimate???: 1 (onox???)

We've got 7+ hours of closely fought games out there on the gridiron. Oh and if you haven't heard, we've got a tough one going down to the wire here too. Stay tuned...

(09-25-2011, 02:10 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Flames Vote Closes Tonight at 8pm PT

mrspudhead's Kiprusoff Artifacts: 4 (rvell; thund; Bruins91; rice)
hockeyvadim's MacInnis/Bourque Artifacts: 2 (bguz; jafi)
scarrman's Kiprusoff Upper Deck: 1 (spud)
jaykayzee's Iginla Ultimate???: 1 (onox???)

Hard to go wrong, but I don't think there's too much out there that can sway me from that laundry tag.
(09-25-2011, 02:21 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: Um, I demand a recount, I count 4 votes for the MacInnis ;-)
Whoops, how'd I miss wickabee...nice to know someone's paying attention!

(09-25-2011, 02:23 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Yes, Macinnis was the beast to beat and now it definitely has my vote!
Ok, I was waiting for you to solidify your vote.

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES Runoff Initiated) - irbefan4life - 09-25-2011

(09-25-2011, 10:39 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: I'm about ready to perform a coin flip for both top vote-getters. Any other ideas about how to pick a winner between these two:

mrspudhead's Kiprusoff Jerseys Patches Tag (click link)
hockeyvadim's MacInnis Tundra Tandems (click link)

Death race, death race, death race!!!

Smile

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES Runoff Initiated) - hockeyvadim - 09-25-2011

Why not just ask rippingwax from the other thread to actually vote? If he doesn't want to I'll use my vote and vote for Spud's card. I don't mind losing, I thought we were just here to show off our cards which I'll be able to do anyway whether I win or lose right? I'm not here to win contests (unless I get something out of it of course ;-))

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES Runoff Initiated) - ricebondsmntna2young - 09-25-2011

Actually, the tiebreak we used last time, as suggested by spud himself, was whoever picked the next team first so...
(09-25-2011, 10:44 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: Why not just ask rippingwax from the other thread to actually vote? If he doesn't want to I'll use my vote and vote for Spud's card. I don't mind losing, I thought we were just here to show off our cards which I'll be able to do anyway whether I win or lose right? I'm not here to win contests (unless I get something out of it of course ;-))

Yeah I thought of that, but I think people don't want to cast the deciding vote after the fact because we're talking about people's cards...not because anyone cares terribly much about winning.

(09-25-2011, 10:42 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Death race, death race, death race!!!

Smile

Hrm, now there's an idea with merit...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES Runoff Initiated) - mrspudhead - 09-25-2011

Easy, I'll change my vote to Vadim! Congrats, now pick a new team because I'm asleep with iPhone on and the game must go on! Night all. Spud Smile

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(FLAMES Runoff Initiated) - hockeyvadim - 09-25-2011

I say Spud and I have a shootout. I'll elect to shoot first ;-)

1st shooter.... Triple Deke (mighty ducks style)
(09-25-2011, 10:49 PM)mrspudhead Wrote: I'm asleep with iPhone

Does your significant other know???? ;-)

Haha, very well, the show must go on...Vadim, which team are we going with?

(09-25-2011, 10:51 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Haha, very well, the show must go on...Vadim, which team are we going with?

How about we do the Flames again?? I'd like to go through that one more time. ;-)

I'll have to go with New Jersey and out of respect to Spud throw this one out there.

[Image: 101805.jpg]