Beckett Message Boards
What do you do with your PC cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What do you do with your PC cards? (/thread-1455740.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What do you do with your PC cards? - seelye24 - 08-29-2011

Just curious, what does everyone do with their PC cards? Are they in a binder? All in toploaders? Display cases? I'm starting to really collect some of the newer Pirate players hard and I'm getting a ton of commons, inserts and autos and really not sure how to store them all. I really don't want to put them all in toploaders, but feel a little uneasy about putting my inserts and autos in a binder. Any suggestions? How do you do it?

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - lridgey - 08-29-2011

I've put my more valuable cards in top loaders and the commons in penny sleeves. I would like to figure out a way of displaying them one day, but right now theyre just in a box.

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - michaelstepper - 08-29-2011

taking my griffey collection for example. anything over $40 is in a magnetic case. $10 and over in a pennysleeve and toploader inside a hard plastic case designed to hold about 200 cards for easy access and protection. anything else I have organized by year and split into two full binders. getting ready to split into a third.

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - yankeeempire - 08-29-2011

All my 500+ allen & ginter and 206 relics/autos are in toploaders in a 5 row monster box. I use the color coded sleeves like they do with magic cards. i use the red for 2010 a&g then i use the blue for 2011 a&g and 2009 206 then i use black for the 2008-09 a&g then the yellow for 2006-07 a&g. I use the white for the 2010 206 cards.

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - elfeo013 - 08-30-2011

All my PC cards are in magnetic cases regardless of value. I recently won an auto card on the bay for 1.30 w/shipping and its in a magnetic holder. Only bad thing about putting all your pc cards in magnetic/screwdowns is that it takes a lot of space.

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - seelye24 - 08-30-2011

Thanks for the responses guys, some really great ideas.....and Michael--sick Junior collection man, you're really making me want to start adding to my collection again! Just started focusing on the Pirates because I can get so much more bang for my buck...but definitely might be worth it to start picking up Juniors for my PC again
by the way--semi off topic question, but for those that do use binders- do you put them in penny sleeves and then into the pages? or just bare cards into the pages? thanks

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - michaelstepper - 08-30-2011

thanks for the compliment! its been fun putting it together.
I use just the binder pages. there's some difference in them though. the ones i use are a little thicker and heavier than the ones you can get from wal mart. I usually buy all my supplies off ebay once a year or so.

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - seelye24 - 08-30-2011

Yea I think thats my problem is the pages I have now are from wal-mart and I find that the cards tend to slip out the top of the pages when I'm going through the binder. Which is what makes me nervous to use pages in the first place--so when I do use them I usually have my cards in penny sleeves to help hold them in place. I'll have to look into getting higher quality pages

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - rare unreleased - 08-30-2011

PC are in penny sleeve, top loader, team bag. Going to eventually get everything graded to get encased.

RE: What do you do with your PC cards? - baseballcollector18 - 08-30-2011

I put 'em in a van down by the river.

Sure hope Irene didn't flood it.