Beckett Message Boards
Well I tried! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Hockey (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Well I tried! (/thread-1453332.html)

Pages: 1 2

Well I tried! - rayeates - 08-15-2011

Good day to everyone!

I have been pretty quiet on the boards, but still hanging around. I have noticed that there are far fewer people posting, but still many active members commenting on the posts that do jump up. Glad to see that there is still life in these here threads!

As many of you know, I recently stopped collecting cards, save for a few PC items that I put way too much effort in to. I was looking to buy a camera, lenses, and travel to see my son more often. Well... all of that has happened, and I am still finding myself with available funding! The itch to break has returned as well, and I am going to be getting back into it!!!

I think that I will be changing up my style, though. I used to just buy some boxes as they came, and collected one thing. This time around I think that I might switch up my collecting prospective. I will still be looking for Jaroslav Halak and the Scratching the Surface (maybe... jury's still out on the STS), but I will also be adding something else to my PC. I am not too sure as to what, just yet, but I will surely make that one clear to all. P.K. Subban, Carey Price, Mike Cammalleri and Andrei Kostitsyn are my front-runners right now, but I might just see what they do with Nathan Beaulieu. Pavel Bure also has been one of my favorites of all time, so he might be on the horizon too.

Thanks to everyone here for being the most integral people I have come across in a very long time. I know that I have built up a reputation for myself, and this could not have been done without the great people here in our Beckett community! It'll be a slow re-introduction, but I will still look at all offers that come forth.

Happy collecting all!

Randi

RE: Well I tried! - nuccionino - 08-15-2011

YAY! Welcome back!

RE: Well I tried! - nickthekid87 - 08-15-2011

Welcome back! I knew you would relapse... You can never beat the itch to break!

RE: Well I tried! - rayeates - 08-15-2011

(08-15-2011, 03:14 PM)nuccionino Wrote: YAY! Welcome back!

Thank you! Will be a bit before I can post anything other than the few traders I still have!
(08-15-2011, 03:17 PM)nickthekid87 Wrote: Welcome back! I knew you would relapse... You can never beat the itch to break!

Yeah... the love for hockey is way too strong, and I need some way to occupy my spare time. With this neck injury, I seem to have a lot of it right now. I will be posting a trade thread in the next little while!

Randi

RE: Well I tried! - hockeynick1721 - 08-15-2011

Glad to have you back

(08-15-2011, 03:36 PM)hockeynick1721 Wrote: Glad to have you back

Thank you! I can't wait to see what I find in the next while!

Randi

RE: Well I tried! - pens1fan - 08-15-2011

Randi, me personally am thrilled that your are back!!!! You are a much respected trader and source for information not just by me but many of the people here on Beckett. WELCOME BACK!!! and hope we can put some trades together in the near future.

RE: Well I tried! - bonnev659 - 08-15-2011

welcome back!!!!

for who to collect next, follow rule 1, collect what is FUN

RE: Well I tried! - hockeyvadim - 08-15-2011

RRRRRAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

(08-15-2011, 04:51 PM)pens1fan Wrote: Randi, me personally am thrilled that your are back!!!! You are a much respected trader and source for information not just by me but many of the people here on Beckett. WELCOME BACK!!! and hope we can put some trades together in the near future.

Thank you so much for the great words, Walt. I was planning on getting rid of my STS too, but decided that I wanted to maintain a collection. I have too much fun with the hobby, and way too much fun conversing with the community! I might have a few cards that you would be interested in, and I still have that Mario Lemieux Crown Royale Auto to come in to me. I know that there are a load of people who want that one.
(08-15-2011, 05:11 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: welcome back!!!!

for who to collect next, follow rule 1, collect what is FUN

Thanks for the welcome back! I am still at a loss as to who to snare for a new PC, but I am sure that I will figure it out soon!
(08-15-2011, 05:16 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: RRRRRAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Yes?