Beckett Message Boards
So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings (/thread-1452426.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - jconstein - 08-09-2011

All I can say is wow. One of my cards being graded is a 2010 Bowman Chrome Stephen Starsburg Purple Refractor. It got a grade of 4.5!

Centering Corners Edges Surfaces
8.5 9 10 3.5
Final Grade: 4.5

This card looks flawless. I was expecting to get a low grade on the centering because for some reason, Refractors have centering issues, but 3.5 on surfaces? I just dont get it. I am vary upset

On the bright side my other two cards I got graded got good grades.

Set Name: 2011 Bowman Chrome Prospects Purple Refractors
Player Name: Bryce Harper
Date Graded: Monday, August 08, 2011
8 9.5 10 9
Final Grade: 8.5

Set Name: 2006 Bowman Chrome Prospects Refractors
Player Name: Jose Bautista AU
Date Graded: Monday, August 08, 2011
9 8.5 9.5 9
Final Grade: 9.0

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - jeterfan5128 - 08-09-2011

ouch on that strasburg, 3.5 on surface is pretty harsh

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - johnxgodfree - 08-09-2011

there must be a pretty major flaw on the surface, front or back... a misprinted card i got graded just to get slabbed had a centering of 4.5 and i know that was extreeeeeeeemly miscut to get a 4.5

perhaps there is something on the back of the card that you didn't notice?

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - thepozr - 08-09-2011

That is brutal. Sorry. Nice grade on the other two.

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - jconstein - 08-09-2011

I honestly don't know what the price would be on this card. Im not sure i ever saw a Strasburg card with this low of a grade.

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - john1580 - 08-09-2011

if you want to send it to me ill get it out of the case for you. Ive done it for other members with no problem . I wdnt wanna keep it like that , even if it was pc. That sucks

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - sonnyday - 08-09-2011

I would bust it open and send to psa, they are more lenient on the surface.

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - jconstein - 08-09-2011

(08-09-2011, 07:29 PM)john1580 Wrote: if you want to send it to me ill get it out of the case for you. Ive done it for other members with no problem . I wdnt wanna keep it like that , even if it was pc. That sucks
Thanks man I just might hit you up on that. I think im going to send it to psa asap. Lol

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - seaw0lf - 08-09-2011

Hard hit on the strasburg!

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings - rad_1205 - 08-09-2011

ill take it off your hands if it for trade