Beckett Message Boards
I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant (/thread-1450478.html)

Pages: 1 2

I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - jkiddlridnour - 07-29-2011

What the heck is wrong with the Cardinals front office?! Even trading a second round pick would be pushing it for Kolb! That's what the Chiefs payed for Matt Cassel! We're going to ship our best defense player AND a second round for an untested QB?! Our defense was terrible last year, might as well ship the best part out! This is the worst trade I have ever even heard of, this is trade rape! Who in the world okayed this?! I like(d) Ken Whisenhunt, after this though, he better be the heck out of Arizona in a season or two!

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - jheringa09 - 07-29-2011

Calm down.
At least ya'll now have a QB. =)

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - jkiddlridnour - 07-29-2011

(07-29-2011, 12:36 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: Calm down.

We could have had a lot of guys for A LOT cheaper

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - Marinoisking - 07-29-2011

that is very true man
They had to move Kolb no matter what. He was a backup making wayyy to much money in a season with the cap down 8 million from the last capped year.
Pretty much all the teams in the NFL looking for a starting qb had made their moves, so if Arizona woulda
took their foot of the gas for a couple days they could have landed Kolb a lot cheaper.
I do however like him in Arizona, so it is not allllll bad news.

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - all day baby - 07-29-2011

The Cardinals always seem to pull disaster out of the good. They aim to disappoint... and excel at it.

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - jaykayzee - 07-29-2011

I think I'm gonna call up Whisenhunt and offer him a case of Schlitz for Larry Fitzgerald..

Let's be real here for a minute. I think Kolb CAN be a hellacious QB for you guys. I'm not saying you're wrong about him, but how fast will the ranting dry up when Cards start winning by 20 points a game..

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - jkiddlridnour - 07-29-2011

(07-29-2011, 08:27 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: I think I'm gonna call up Whisenhunt and offer him a case of Schlitz for Larry Fitzgerald..

Let's be real here for a minute. I think Kolb CAN be a hellacious QB for you guys. I'm not saying you're wrong about him, but how fast will the ranting dry up when Cards start winning by 20 points a game..

I will say it was a stupid trade. We wont win by twenty if we don't fi our defense

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - superynaldo - 07-29-2011

(07-29-2011, 12:36 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: Calm down.

yeah, they will a mediocre one at that... what a joke... 63 mil... wow... unreal...

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - jdetter23 - 07-29-2011

Their qb situation got a lot better, Anderson was pathetic last year and only had that one good year for the Browns. Max Hall and Skelton are not NFL starters. As for the defense, you did grab a shut down corner with the 5th pick. So many people have forgotten or not mentioned Patrick Peterson, he will be a star!

RE: I'm sorry, but I just HAVE to rant - uwash97 - 07-29-2011

I find it ironic that the owners make a big deal of the rookie wage scale because they don't want to break the bank for unproven players (nor should they), and then the clowns in AZ turn around and give Kevin Kolb Brady money. Mike Vick is probably saying "Dang why didn't they trade me?" Totally crazy. Kolb may turn out to be the next Aaron Rodgers, but you don't want to pay for that now...