Beckett Message Boards
Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? (/thread-1449411.html)

Pages: 1 2

Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - gizmoto1987 - 07-22-2011

How much gold is in the panini gold standard cards?

All the cards have the same size piece of 14k gold in them, but how much is it? a gram, 2 grams, less than a gram?

Does anybody know?

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - whodeyalltheway - 07-22-2011

The solid gold cards are 11grams the gold relics im unsure of but I can say for sure a gram or less.

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - xxkobex8bryantxx - 07-22-2011

It seems like its a very small amount the cards are pretty light

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - shezdoni - 07-22-2011

None, it's pyrite which is also known as " Fools Gold ", seriously folks, you really do not believe that panini would actually put real gold on a card now do you?

Even gold leafing prices are through the roof.

It's like the Topps Diamond give away in Baseball, the rings are actually stainless steel and the diamonds cubic zirconia

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - zip726 - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 05:46 PM)shezdoni Wrote: None, it's pyrite which is also known as " Fools Gold ", seriously folks, you really do not believe that panini would actually put real gold on a card now do you?

It's like the Topps Diamond give away in Baseball, the rings are actually stainless steel and the diamonds cubic zirconia

lmao that is great but so true

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - gizmoto1987 - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 05:46 PM)shezdoni Wrote: None, it's pyrite which is also known as " Fools Gold ", seriously folks, you really do not believe that panini would actually put real gold on a card now do you?

That's not true it's actually 14K gold. I don't care anything about the Topps ring etc... Pointless

I think I'll let the "new" wear off of them first, then pick up a couple for cheap and maybe flip them for the gold content alone.

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - filamuraireborn - 07-23-2011

Then why would they say that it is REAL GOLD?

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - xstreaminsanity - 07-23-2011

Believe, someone is going to flip the cards for the gold itself, and if it isn't real gold, there's going to be a huge situation.

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - whodeyalltheway - 07-23-2011

Some people are always haters. The product features REAL gold cards and the 1/1s are worth a little over 300 in scrap. I too have thought about trying to buy some of these for gold value later on however there are only 50 of them (50 player checklist) so it will be very hard to do. However the gold relics on the other hand, those are a possibility. Unsure of the amount however I would say 15-25$ worth of gold per gold relic card. Good luck!

RE: Panini Gold Standard actual gold amount? - TheEvilEmpire - 07-23-2011

Why not buy $300 worth of gold coins and such instead of taking a chance and pulling a 1/1 in this product?