Beckett Message Boards
What do you think of this offer... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think of this offer... (/thread-1449344.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What do you think of this offer... - p18mann - 07-22-2011

I was offered a strasburg topps chrome auto for these as a set.
What would you do, I think im going to pass

[Image: IMG_0006-1.jpg]

and also do you think i could get a auto of him for this?
[Image: IMG_0004.jpg][Image: IMG_0003.jpg]

RE: What do you think of this offer... - CardGeeksBlog - 07-22-2011

I'm not sure what that strasburg red goes for but to me it sounds like a great deal to get the auto.

Auto= $100

Chrome Ref $8-10
Chrome $5
Chrome Xfract $15
Chrome Purple $30 (if you're lucky)
Chrome Blue $15-20

Close one actually depending on the red.

RE: What do you think of this offer... - p18mann - 07-22-2011

most of your prices are about half of the bv and the set in my mind the set is worth more because there all together

RE: What do you think of this offer... - rondo4president - 07-22-2011

I would not trade the set for an auto. There will be plenty more autos to get of him but it takes work to put a set like that together.

RE: What do you think of this offer... - dkotart - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 10:38 AM)rondo4president Wrote: I would not trade the set for an auto. There will be plenty more autos to get of him but it takes work to put a set like that together.

+1

RE: What do you think of this offer... - CardGeeksBlog - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 10:34 AM)p18mann Wrote: most of your prices are about half of the bv and the set in my mind the set is worth more because there all together

Was going to entirely off of ebay completed auctions, and taking the high end of them too. Either way you shouldn't probably do it. How much did you pay for the red?

RE: What do you think of this offer... - p18mann - 07-22-2011

(07-22-2011, 10:46 AM)CardGeeksBlog Wrote: Was going to entirely off of ebay completed auctions, and taking the high end of them too. Either way you shouldn't probably do it. How much did you pay for the red?

the red strasburg is actually an orange one but i traded for it
i was lucky enough to pull the red castro though

RE: What do you think of this offer... - arod1973 - 07-22-2011

I would rather have the auto, especially since it is on card. The set could pretty easily put back together if you wanted to.

RE: What do you think of this offer... - _ZENAS_ - 07-22-2011

to me the auto on the chrome card is going to be the most desireable card of his down the road. the set will not carry any premium over the individual cards and the ceiling on them is much lower since they aren't auto'd. if you don't have a good copy of his auto chrome, that is going to be the "must have" card of his. I'd say go for it. But the caveat is that the chrome auto needs to be in good shape (grade out at least a 9).

just my humble opinion.

RE: What do you think of this offer... - bustin 5 knots - 07-22-2011

since the best card in that partial rainbow is the blue, I'd go for it since the auto is probably worth much more than the partial rainbow