Beckett Message Boards
Need some 1/1 opinions/help - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Need some 1/1 opinions/help (/thread-1446909.html)

Pages: 1 2

Need some 1/1 opinions/help - georgerm - 07-07-2011

Okay so I have recently got back into collecting my sports cards after years of them sitting in the closet. I know the price of a 1/1 is only what you can get someone to pay for it. As I have no 1/1 cards I have no reference as to what a fair price may be. I found one I am in love with but just seems way overpriced.

So my question is
2011 donruss elite fourth round draft pick auto 1/1 with a opening bid of $140. Is that reasonable or way overpriced? I mean I would think more around the lines of maybe $75.
I got the players card #'d to 24 auto for $5 from someone else

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - deuce6000 - 07-07-2011

Yeah it's overpriced.

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - jfrench91 - 07-07-2011

yeah i have several derrick morgan 1/1s and the most i paid for one is 72 dollars.. and he was a 1st round pick.. bust remains to be seen. depending on the player.. even 140 sounds overpriced already.
the luke stocker?

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - dabears 1985 - 07-07-2011

I've gotten HOFer 1/1s for under $10 lol. This thread makes me feel good

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - aviat0rshades - 07-07-2011

Very overpriced, but that's typical of 1/1s

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - georgerm - 07-07-2011

Im glad you guys think it's overpriced too, and I'm not just cheap. Guess I'll just do without adding it to the collection....might still look at the listing every now and then just to lust a little lol.

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - aviat0rshades - 07-07-2011

The fact that they're all overpriced, is the exact reason I don't have any 1/1s. For the most part, I've been relying on luck to pull one.

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - mcleodfive - 07-07-2011

keep it watched if it doesnt sell for a couple times he will lower the starting bid and it could be what your wanting to pay... by the way who is it anyways that could make a difference

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - georgerm - 07-07-2011

Luke stocker. I'm huge vol fan (live about an hour from neyland stadium)
And I was making stocker my first true player collection. Figured since he was a 4th rounder and he was the only shining point in our season last year he would be a good player to collect for a beginner

RE: Need some 1/1 opinions/help - uwash97 - 07-07-2011

I know what you mean. I collect Isaiah Stanback, who is not in the league anymore, and pretty much had only 1 year of cards (2007). Someone on ebay has a 2007 Bowman Chrome Superfractor 1/1 RC (non-auto) listed at BIN $200/BO. This card has been continuously listed for over 3 years. 3 YEARS!! I put my limit on that card at about $40, especially since it's not autographed or a jersey or anything. My $40 offers keep getting countered with $75, which I guess is the lowest the seller is willing to go. I try every 6 months or so. Maybe sooner or later they will get tired of looking at it...