Beckett Message Boards
All Star Lineup Rant - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: All Star Lineup Rant (/thread-1446533.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

All Star Lineup Rant - talkntribe - 07-04-2011

Being a tribe fan that I am. I am proud to see Asdrubal Cabrera
get the call. However, I am abit upset how people continue to vote jeter in just because he is a Yankee. Yes, I do feel jeter is good but let's be honest here. Why is Asdrubal playing backup to him when his season and stats are way better than jeters. I think it should be earned and Asdrubal definitely deserves the start while jeter should be his backup. Not the other way around.

I'm sure everyone has their opinions in the matter but this is wrong. Asdrubal is a great young player and by far the best shortstop in the game this year. I think its sad that Jeter gets to start just because of who he is and what team he is on.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - rondo4president - 07-04-2011

Jeter is not even close to being an All-Star this year. The voting is a joke.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - talkntribe - 07-04-2011

you got that right.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - twinscollector814 - 07-04-2011

I agree with you on this. I think it's very questionable that Jeter even be IN the all-star game this year, let alone start it. Cabrera has had a great year and being a fellow AL Central fan I'd like to see him start instead of Jeter.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - pacrimcollectibles - 07-04-2011

At least Asdrubal got in. Andrew McCutcheon should be there instead of Beltran.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - wmrklemm78 - 07-04-2011

Agreed that Jeter shouldn't be the starter... but not sure he got voted in JUST because he's a Yankee.

Could be worse... a few years ago, Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady were voted as starters in the NBA All-Star games and had each played less than 10 games

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - schmuffer - 07-04-2011

Until they change the voting to include managers and players only, this will continue to happen. The All-Star game is a popularity contest, not a matchup of the best players through the first half of the season.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - Reductio_Ad_Absurdum - 07-04-2011

I was watching when they were announcing the lineup on TV, and Cal Ripken, Jr. said something about being a fan of popular voting because he ended up playing in a lot of All Star games he felt he didn't deserve to be in. Fan voting is better than any alternative, even if the lineups don't turn out too great.

But if we're going to rant, WHERE IS CC SABATHIA???? All those Yankees and they miss out on the best. I also don't think admitted Steroid users should be "All-Stars" ...A-Rod

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - dpatera - 07-04-2011

(07-04-2011, 05:28 PM)talkntribe Wrote: I'm sure everyone has their opinions in the matter but this is wrong. Asdrubal is a great young player and by far the best shortstop in the game this year.

I'm not sure you can say "by far the best" when Peralta is matching or exceeding him slightly in most offensive categories. They both blow Jeter out of the water, though.

RE: All Star Lineup Rant - chiefsncards275 - 07-04-2011

this is what i always thought they should do, have the fans voting count as 50% of the vote, then have every major league player vote counting as 25% of the vote(cant vote for your own teamates) and then the last 25% be coaches( cant vote for own teamates) and a certain select panel of journalistand what not that know a lot about the game, then whoever gets the highest percentage of the votes that way should be in the all star game