Beckett Message Boards
rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post (/thread-1445703.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - gangstippie - 06-28-2011

Okay, here's the situation. This is going to take a little time to build up. Sorry. Here goes. I pulled from 2010 Limited a Silver spotlight Rolando McClain /25 and a Gerald McCoy regular Phenom /199 a while back. I turned in the redemptions and waited. I get an email saying they are on the way. Great! Well a few days later, I receive the packages. When I open them, I have a Gerald McCoy Gold spotlight /10 and a regular Rolando McClain /199. If I wasn't putting the set together, I would've probably just said screw it and keep them, but I didn't. I contact Panini. They say return them. I do with DC. Never heard anything for a couple of weeks, so I contact them. They say they have never gotten them. I give the the DC, and they say since it shows received, They will get the correct cards out to me plus some of the other redemptions I have outstanding. Great! Well a couple weeks later I receive a ton of packages. Everything is straight now. Last week I get an email from Panini saying a package is on it's way. I receive today and it's the McCoy /199 and the McClain /25. They have already fixed this and now have double shipped.

Here's the issue. I should just shut my mouth and be glad for my troubles I got double shipped. Right? If I keep them, what about the other collectors that pull these redemptions? They will eventually run out and be one short for each. Then what? A replacement for that collector? What if they buy the redemption card online because they collect one of these players? Then what? They are screwed and Panini has to pull from another redemption pile and then that person gets screwed and the circle never stops.

I just read a thread about jkiddlridnour pulling an expired redemption and it pissed me off because the cards should never expire. They have to expire them because they give the out as replacements. They do this this because 1) they made a mistake and shipped the card to someone who didn't deserve it or 2) they give it to another collector because they couldn't fulfill the redemption in the first place and have to issue a replacement.

They're have been numerous threads on the redemption topic, and I get more and more upset with each one. On top of that, I buy 3 boxes of Limited today and pull 4, that's right 4!, redemptions. UGGGHHHHH!!

What are your thoughts? Should I return the double shipped cards? They owe me already for the first return shipping btw. I feel deep down I should return them, but I also want to stick it to Panini and keep them. If I keep them, I'll be sticking it to a fellow collector though.

Thanks for sticking it out to the end! Sorry for the rant.

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - deuce6000 - 06-28-2011

Keep them you're too good a guy for even thinking of sending them back.

Or find a collector that is doing the set and give them a great deal.

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - chiefsncards275 - 06-28-2011

thats a tough one i would contact panini saying that u are going to return them and they sent 2 and maybe they will give u something else in return, maybe a replacement that is an expired redemption of ur favorite team or something, but i would prolly return them either way

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - bostonsports1 - 06-28-2011

I would contact Panini and tell them you got a second package and ask for something in return to send them back. I am sure they would be willing to at least send you some packs or something. They must have horrible internal controls to be able to send two to you, not to mention the first error. Either way I think you'll feel better in the end if you return them.

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - chibearsboy - 06-28-2011

(06-28-2011, 09:01 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: thats a tough one i would contact panini saying that u are going to return them and they sent 2 and maybe they will give u something else in return, maybe a replacement that is an expired redemption of ur favorite team or something, but i would prolly return them either way

for what? so he can sleep better than he already is going too?? double redemption order means "not your fault"...i keep them because like Deuce said, your a good enough dude to EVEN think about sending them back..
and Panini has screwed enough folks on product/redemptions i wouldnt worry about them screwing up once in a while.......

Thank god I was starting to worry I was gonna look like a scumbag and be the only one that says keep them. I think almost everyone even the people that are gonna say send them back would keep them lol.

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - pbean - 06-28-2011

contact Panini, let them know what happened and ask if they want them returned ..... more than likely they will say "no" it was their mistake .....

I honestly feel it's a ying/yang chi thing ..... you get back what you give ..... do onto others etc. etc. etc.

they just may actually appreciate your honesty Smile

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - bostonsports1 - 06-28-2011

(06-28-2011, 09:09 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: Thank god I was starting to worry I was gonna look like a scumbag and be the only one that says keep them. I think almost everyone even the people that are gonna say send them back would keep them lol.

He never asked what we would do, he asked what HE should do. [Image: biggrin.gif]

In all seriousness tho, you won't really be hurting anyone by keeping them, odds are at least one of each redemption will sit in an unopened box and get pulled years from now, so no harm no foul. If it bothers you enough tho, then just tell Panini as I said before.

RE: rant/issue...advise/thoughts...long post - ripkenfan72 - 06-28-2011

I would honestly call them and see what they say. If it was me, I'd feel better if I did.

BUT....I completely understand the urge to keep them and it doesn't make it wrong. THEY screwed up!!!!!

Actually bostonsports is right whoever pulls that redemption in 2 years will get turned down for a expired redemption anyway if that helps your thought process at all.