Beckett Message Boards
Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sports Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? (/thread-1443023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - thelostfan - 06-13-2011

What I never understood, how are the Pirates in the Central when geographically, they are not in the central. Can someone explain this to me?

I'm an Astros fan, I'm a little hoping they would switch over to the AL, that way I can see them battle the Rangers up here in Arlington.

Thanks.

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - gherkin1496 - 06-13-2011

hey watch it on the mets knocks there! we have a better record tehn 14 teams in the league. and jose reyes is the best player in baseball right now

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - bustin 5 knots - 06-13-2011

(06-13-2011, 04:07 PM)thelostfan Wrote: What I never understood, how are the Pirates in the Central when geographically, they are not in the central. Can someone explain this to me?

I'm an Astros fan, I'm a little hoping they would switch over to the AL, that way I can see them battle the Rangers up here in Arlington.

Thanks.

Technically Pittsburgh is considered the Midwest. But the geographic reasons don't matter too much, look at the NFL: Indianapolis is north of Cincinnati yet the Colts are in the AFC South and the Bengals are in the AFC North. Also the Dallas Cowboys are in the NFC East, while the Rangers (pretty much same location) are in the AL West
(06-13-2011, 12:01 AM)bazooka joe Wrote: I am sorry, but that bolded part is terribly wrong. Ask any MLB scout and they will tell you that the Royals have one of the best, if not the best, farm systems in the MLB.

+1

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - zeprock - 06-20-2011

(06-13-2011, 12:38 AM)astroburn Wrote: I personally like the best from each division and the wild card. It makes it 4 on 4 during the playoffs. Nice and even. Why would they wanna change that now?

I like the way the postseason is set up now. I don't want more than eight teams battling in the playoffs. What is the sense in playing a 162 game season if everyone gets in in the end?

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - sesfan01 - 06-21-2011

There needs to be divisions. I do think each league should have the same number of teams, maybe move one of the NL central teams over to the AL west division to even things out. If people are worried about the playoffs being too long, then eliminate the wild card. I actually don't mind the way things are now, except there are too many off days throughout the season and playoffs but what can you do.

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - astroburn - 06-21-2011

Remember when the Braves were in the National League West? At least its not as bad as that anymore. Ok, I gave it some thought. My Astros can go to the AL. That way I can see them in Seattle! (I'm in Idaho 20 minutes from Spokane, WA. Just a bit of a road trip to Seattle, but way closer than anywhere else)

RE: Two 15 team leagues - No divisions? - bustin 5 knots - 06-22-2011

The thing that bugs me about current interleague play is that certain teams get much softer schedules (Cards don't have to play Yankees or Red Sox, but play the Royals twice, but Brewers have to face them both) than others. Balance out the schedules and I'm all for it. I'm even up for a 4-team playoff system