Beckett Message Boards
Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? (/thread-1442544.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - benlee66 - 06-08-2011

Chris Olds, did you have anything to do with Nick Swisher being upgraded to an unlisted star? Pretty obvious conflict of interest. Also, it would be nice to have more than one writer write for the magazine. Chris Olds writes practically every article. One view point gets olds real quick.

Beckett got bought by a big, publicly traded magazine company a few years ago. Ever since, I've seen the content go down while the price goes up. I've been collecting since 1989 and always loved getting the price guides in the mail. Not so fun now, although it is funny to see which cards go up and down. Anyone else notice how a lot of the multi-player cards go up and down all the time? Look at 2008 UD A Piece of History Franchise Members Quad in this month's issue. One card with Jeter on it dropped to $1.00 because Giambi is on the same card. Another card from the same set with Jeter on it books for $6.00. Anyone who has the $1.00 Jeter, let's trade! I'll take them at $1.00 all day long.

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - richk - 06-09-2011

(06-08-2011, 10:57 PM)benlee66 Wrote: Chris Olds, did you have anything to do with Nick Swisher being upgraded to an unlisted star? Pretty obvious conflict of interest. Also, it would be nice to have more than one writer write for the magazine. Chris Olds writes practically every article. One view point gets olds real quick.

Beckett got bought by a big, publicly traded magazine company a few years ago. Ever since, I've seen the content go down while the price goes up. I've been collecting since 1989 and always loved getting the price guides in the mail. Not so fun now, although it is funny to see which cards go up and down. Anyone else notice how a lot of the multi-player cards go up and down all the time? Look at 2008 UD A Piece of History Franchise Members Quad in this month's issue. One card with Jeter on it dropped to $1.00 because Giambi is on the same card. Another card from the same set with Jeter on it books for $6.00. Anyone who has the $1.00 Jeter, let's trade! I'll take them at $1.00 all day long.

I'll guarantee you that Chris has nothing to do with Swish going up in price -- it's more that he is playing in NY and has even begun a series of TV Commercials with Papelbon. Besides, Swish a liscious (sic) is his favorite active player and as such why raise the price of cards of someone you are collecting.

Rich

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - bonds20001 - 06-09-2011

It is absolutely a conspiracy between Chris Olds/Beckett and the American people.
I have alerted and advised Congress and the Committee on interstate trade and fraud to open an investigation into.....

OLDSGATE....

Called the Washington Post too!!!

What is the Whitehouse phone #??

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - butchrecon72 - 06-09-2011

Well, that would explain why my Castro's get no love. Olds hate Castro ;-)

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - beginesj - 06-09-2011

(06-09-2011, 06:41 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: It is absolutely a conspiracy between Chris Olds/Beckett and the American people.
I have alerted and advised Congress and the Committee on interstate trade and fraud to open an investigation into.....

OLDSGATE....

Called the Washington Post too!!!

What is the Whitehouse phone #??

LMAO!!

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - ricelynnevans75 - 06-09-2011

[Image: tinfoil-hat.jpg]

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - arod1973 - 06-09-2011

LOL..trying to figure out if the poster is kidding or really being serious....either way im sure any bump ups to Swish were due to playing for the Yanks...

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - benlee66 - 06-09-2011

(06-09-2011, 03:02 PM)arod1973 Wrote: LOL..trying to figure out if the poster is kidding or really being serious....either way im sure any bump ups to Swish were due to playing for the Yanks...

At least some one on this board has a sense of humor.

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - _ZENAS_ - 06-09-2011

In a way I'm sure Chris does increase the price of Swisher cards. Since he buys so many of them, the basic laws of supply and demand dictate that the prices will go up. Wink

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards? - mdavison - 06-09-2011

(06-09-2011, 02:48 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [Image: tinfoil-hat.jpg]

My new favorite pic this week.