Beckett Message Boards
1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition (/thread-1438708.html)

Pages: 1 2

1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - nittany13 - 05-14-2011

This may interest those of you who collect someone who played in the mid-90s.

While skimming through the OPG I noticed that a couple of additions were very recently added of several players that I collect. What I am referring to are the 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions and the 1995 Stadium Club Members Only Diffractions. These two newly listed parallels exist for only 90 cards in this set.

Prior I never heard of these "Diffraction" cards and had no idea how to distinguish whether one is or not, so it motivated me to look through my stash of duplicates to look for variations.
[Image: scan0007-1.jpg]
In addition to the main one in my collection I have a total of seven duplicate base cards of this player and after I investigated each one I did not notice any differences apart from the different color tinges on the front, which I always knew was normal with these cards.

However after looking over the cards a second time I noticed that one of the seven had only a reddish color and the silver foil trim looked a little different from the others (far right card).
[Image: scan0008-2.jpg]
I subsequently learned that my Member's Only parallel from my collection was a Diffraction parallel as well.

It is curious that 15+ years later that this parallel was discovered and I must admit I never was aware of its existence, especially since its from a Topps set.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - deuce6000 - 05-14-2011

Someone asked about these a few months ago I did a search but couldn't find it. Maybe it was you who knows but they weren't too happy they couldn't find them lol. They will be happy now I guess.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - thelegendjerryrice - 05-14-2011

Yeah Beckett is still behind though.
But they are making a move towards it at least.
They added a few of the Rice's they haven't had listed.
The inserts for the 95 SC came with the members only set.
They now have those listed.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - wavytiger1975 - 05-15-2011

I was asking about these and was actually lucky enough to find one, I do not have a member's only diffraction yet though, the hunt continues.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - Marinocollector - 05-15-2011

The Diffraction cards were catalogued and known of since 1995. Apparently through all the changes, some sets were lost on the OPG. In 1995 Stadium Club, Extreme Corp cards were found 1:2 packs, alternating one per pack with the RC subset. The Diffraction parallel cards were inserted into special Retail packs at the same ratio. The retail packs had a smaller print run then the hobby, therefore are harder to find. Probably, 1 retail for every 3-5 hobby. Not sure of the limited nature of the Member Only Diffraction card Vs the Member Only regular... The Member's Only sets were complete Master sets that included all inserts and base cards, so I would assume it included the Diffraction parallel as well. I think only 1000 Member's Only sets were made for 1995.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - younglover - 05-15-2011

Thanks for the info. I wish Steve Young had one, too.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - jaderock - 05-15-2011

Let's NOT forget the Green Parallel (which are not listed). Green Foil Words with Gold Holofoil
[Image: sc001-Copy2.jpg]

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - nittany13 - 05-15-2011

(05-15-2011, 04:56 PM)jaderock Wrote: Let's NOT forget the Green Parallel (which are not listed). Green Foil Words with Gold Holofoil
[Image: sc001-Copy2.jpg]
Actually your Brunells are listed now as well. Type in something like "Mark Brunell 1995 Stadium Club" above and you will see all four versions.

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - jaderock - 05-15-2011

So this is the Diffraction version?!?

RE: 1995 Stadium Club Diffractions - new OPG addition - wavytiger1975 - 05-16-2011

(05-15-2011, 09:35 PM)nittany13 Wrote: Actually your Brunells are listed now as well. Type in something like "Mark Brunell 1995 Stadium Club" above and you will see all four versions.

I don't see the green foil version listed, just the regular card, diffraction card and the members only for each, nothing about his green foils