Beckett Message Boards
*****Sr Member give away***** (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closed) (/thread-1569736.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - rad_1205 - 01-31-2015

6 hours til close out 195 post left

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - roger rabbit - 01-31-2015

I didn't look to see if my guess is the same as anyone else's but I'm gonna go with March 24th. Cheers!
Wait, I'm a Sr. Member apparently, but I have fewer posts than you do...how come?

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - rad_1205 - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 06:11 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: I didn't look to see if my guess is the same as anyone else's but I'm gonna go with March 24th. Cheers!
Wait, I'm a Sr. Member apparently, but I have fewer posts than you do...how come?

Hmmm.... I don't know bro. You must be liked more than me lmao.

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - thehueys - 01-31-2015

June 3rd 2015 thank you!!!!

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - yankees_pride - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 06:17 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: Hmmm.... I don't know bro. You must be liked more than me lmao.

Maybe because of your "hiatus" back in your bad days?!?

(01-31-2015, 06:58 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Maybe because of your "hiatus" back in your bad days?!?

I'm sure you are right but it is what it is. I've tried to do what I can to put all that behind me. If people still want to hate me that's fine. I've done everything I can to say sorry and make things right with everyone that has had an issue with me. I have tried to do what I can to make this site fun like to use to be. Which is why I'm doing this give away and always try to throw in a little extra for everyone I trade with.

Not much else I can do but keep moving forward. It's been a grind or say the least and yes I still feel bad.

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - altz11 - 01-31-2015

I've been a member here since 2011, but only recently started posting on the message boards and I notice many people saying things like "what these boards used to be". So what exactly is/was the difference between now and then? I take it the forum used to be more exciting, friendly, active??
What happened that caused this change?

(01-31-2015, 08:41 PM)altz11 Wrote: I've been a member here since 2011, but only recently started posting on the message boards and I notice many people saying things like "what these boards used to be". So what exactly is/was the difference between now and then? I take it the forum used to be more exciting, friendly, active??

The boards use to be crazy busy. You couldn't make a post on the board and expect it to be anywhere near the top at the end of the day. If you made a post at noon by 3 pm it would be on page 3 or 4 people use to pray that people seen what they posted before it ended up 2-3 pages back.

Lately the site has been doing well for the most part. About 6 months ago hardly anyone was on here. There was traders that jumped ship due to increase in fees,traders that were banned for whatever reason, the site was always down and there was a laundry list of bad traders back to back to back... Etc

But like I said the site has been doing really good lately there has been an increase in old faces back on here as of late and a lot of new guys that really helped the site pop again. It's getting better for the better Id say.

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - yankees_pride - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 07:41 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: I'm sure you are right but it is what it is. I've tried to do what I can to put all that behind me. If people still want to hate me that's fine. I've done everything I can to say sorry and make things right with everyone that has had an issue with me. I have tried to do what I can to make this site fun like to use to be. Which is why I'm doing this give away and always try to throw in a little extra for everyone I trade with.

Not much else I can do but keep moving forward. It's been a grind or say the least and yes I still feel bad.

I wasn't saying anything bad bro. I hope you know that. I was just saying maybe your numbers ares skewed due to that junk. You are all good in my eyes. And I like this name better then the clownquestion one anyway. Lol
(01-31-2015, 08:41 PM)altz11 Wrote: I've been a member here since 2011, but only recently started posting on the message boards and I notice many people saying things like "what these boards used to be". So what exactly is/was the difference between now and then? I take it the forum used to be more exciting, friendly, active??

It is defiantly getting better then what it was the last year. But like Rich said nothing will compare to what it was like in the late 2011-12 time. I had at least 20 trades a week. My threads would hit 3rd page before I could blink (that's neither a good thing or bad thing) and the people were cool.

I think the people now are more friendly and better towards one another.

There are 2 things that killed this site
1) the site itself. The prince increase and the functionality of the site.
2) bad traders aka jakelovescards. That was a big blow to the community and hurt a lot of traders. (Myself included )

RE: *****Sr Member give away***** (Closeout is tonight at midnight EST) - SF_Giants_2014 - 02-01-2015

May 3rd Rich.