Beckett Message Boards
March 20 Day BGS Group Submission (Payments due!) - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Basketball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission (Payments due!) (/thread-1570442.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - SHowley2003 - 02-19-2015

You guys got nothing. I'm dealing with 90 inches of snow in my yard and have not seen consistent temperatures (or the sun) above 20 degrees for any length of time in weeks. We've had cold air and wind that has dropped it down to a windchill of -20 to -30 at times. It's gross. I do get a chuckle watching the chaos from NC and Kentucky when they get a burst of winter weather. It's must be scary though because the communities just don't know how to handle it.

It has allowed me a lot of time in my house to organize my cards, make some sales and get involved in a group submission for the first time though!

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - buckunteer - 02-20-2015

(02-19-2015, 11:43 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: You guys got nothing. I'm dealing with 90 inches of snow in my yard and have not seen consistent temperatures (or the sun) above 20 degrees for any length of time in weeks. We've had cold air and wind that has dropped it down to a windchill of -20 to -30 at times. It's gross. I do get a chuckle watching the chaos from NC and Kentucky when they get a burst of winter weather. It's must be scary though because the communities just don't know how to handle it.

It has allowed me a lot of time in my house to organize my cards, make some sales and get involved in a group submission for the first time though!

Got that last part dead on. I'm from Ohio so I'm at least somewhat used to it, down here in NC though nobody has a clue what to do. One town actually hosed down their streets to get rid of the snow...guess what happened when it went below freezing? Terrifying. #toostupidtomakeup

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - SHowley2003 - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 09:43 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Got that last part dead on. I'm from Ohio so I'm at least somewhat used to it, down here in NC though nobody has a clue what to do. One town actually hosed down their streets to get rid of the snow...guess what happened when it went below freezing? Terrifying. #toostupidtomakeup

Very rarely do I even let out an audible chuckle while reading through the boards. I'm still laughing out loud as I type this. That is too much. Again I laugh but i feel for the people dealing with it. It must be truly scary when an entire community doesn't have the ability to deal with the weather. Maybe the town administrators should observe a high school physics class when they discuss what happens to water when it hits 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - buckunteer - 02-21-2015

haha glad I could provide some entertainment. In more submission-related matters, I got one of the two PC items in today that I would like to send in. I will wait 'til Monday and see if the other comes in. If it does I'll mail both out, if not, I'll hold off and get them graded later Smile

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - aviat0rshades - 02-22-2015

(02-21-2015, 10:06 PM)buckunteer Wrote: haha glad I could provide some entertainment. In more submission-related matters, I got one of the two PC items in today that I would like to send in. I will wait 'til Monday and see if the other comes in. If it does I'll mail both out, if not, I'll hold off and get them graded later Smile

If everyone is ok with it, I don't mind waiting for those cards to come in.

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - SHowley2003 - 02-23-2015

(02-22-2015, 10:24 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: If everyone is ok with it, I don't mind waiting for those cards to come in.

That would be fine with me. Did you hit your 100 card goal? You originally stated a goal of March 6th to get these off. I don't mind pushing that back another week if need be. I've already sent the cards your way and don't plan on seeing them for several weeks, what's one more week?

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - buckunteer - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 08:54 AM)SHowley2003 Wrote: That would be fine with me. Did you hit your 100 card goal? You originally stated a goal of March 6th to get these off. I don't mind pushing that back another week if need be. I've already sent the cards your way and don't plan on seeing them for several weeks, what's one more week?

Yeah I agree with this. Wanna make sure your submissions are big enough that we keep getting that great rate Smile

EDIT: The second card came in today but it got a bit edged up due to poor packing. Not 100% sure I want to send it in so I'm going to hold off on my last two cards for now.

Can you let me know if/when my cards get there, btw? Thanks!

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - aviat0rshades - 02-23-2015

I don't think I'm anywhere close to 100 right now, but I haven't added them up. I will let you guys know!

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - redskins316 - 02-26-2015

Shipping tomorrow as well as paying tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Doing survey tonight

RE: March 20 Day BGS Group Submission - aviat0rshades - 02-28-2015

(02-26-2015, 12:54 PM)redskins316 Wrote: Shipping tomorrow as well as paying tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Doing survey tonight

Sounds good!