Beckett Message Boards
NL ROY? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: NL ROY? (/thread-1577173.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: NL ROY? - gator1221 - 08-25-2015

This is one great crop of rookies ....Bryant , Correa , Sano , Buxton , Duffy , Lindor , Castillo of late and Joc will get back on track he's to talented not to and the list goes on and on Soler , Syndergaard , Heaney , Norris , Sanchez , Swihart , Schwarber , Devon Travis , Addison Russell , Grichuk , McCullers Jr. , Osuna and I'm leaving off more great rookies . Let me ask you this when was the last time you seen talent like this come up the same year ? The Game is witnessing the changing of the guard with Jeter leaving last year and Albert and Ortiz not far behind this young talent will take over the game and the game looks to be in great hands especially for us collectors. Oh yeah HARPER and TROUT ...lol And to answer your original question Kris Bryant will win Rookie of the year in the National and Carlos Correa in the American ...

RE: NL ROY? - nolan5000 - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 12:39 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: WOW for one second i instantly associated the astros to the national league!!!! my bad

It's an easy mistake. I can remember back in the '90s, the Brewers were in the American League.

In football, a good many years ago, the Seahawks were in the American Conference. Now, they're in the National Conference.

RE: NL ROY? - roger rabbit - 08-25-2015

Also, I fully believe that Correa wins AL ROY, but interesting to note...

AB H 2B HR RBI AVG
259 73 16 15 43 .282
248 74 10 7 27 .298

The first line above is Correa, the second is Francisco Lindor, another under-22 SS in the AL who is now hitting .352 since the all star break, showing improved power and defence that is top notch. These two are gonna slug is out to start at SS for the AL in the all-star game annually...

RE: NL ROY? - alfredoleal2001 - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 01:20 PM)gator1221 Wrote: This is one great crop of rookies ....Bryant , Correa , Sano , Buxton , Duffy , Lindor , Castillo of late and Joc will get back on track he's to talented not to and the list goes on and on Soler , Syndergaard , Heaney , Norris , Sanchez , Swihart , Schwarber , Devon Travis , Addison Russell , Grichuk , McCullers Jr. , Osuna and I'm leaving off more great rookies . Let me ask you this when was the last time you seen talent like this come up the same year ? The Game is witnessing the changing of the guard with Jeter leaving last year and Albert and Ortiz not far behind this young talent will take over the game and the game looks to be in great hands especially for us collectors. Oh yeah HARPER and TROUT ...lol And to answer your original question Kris Bryant will win Rookie of the year in the National and Carlos Correa in the American ...

indeed a great crop of young talent! I dotn think i remember seeing so many at the same time

RE: NL ROY? - jonathani - 08-25-2015

I hope it's Bryant, but these things get too darn political sometimes.

RE: NL ROY? - Hofcollector - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 01:20 PM)gator1221 Wrote: This is one great crop of rookies ....Bryant , Correa , Sano , Buxton , Duffy , Lindor , Castillo of late and Joc will get back on track he's to talented not to and the list goes on and on Soler , Syndergaard , Heaney , Norris , Sanchez , Swihart , Schwarber , Devon Travis , Addison Russell , Grichuk , McCullers Jr. , Osuna and I'm leaving off more great rookies . Let me ask you this when was the last time you seen talent like this come up the same year ? The Game is witnessing the changing of the guard with Jeter leaving last year and Albert and Ortiz not far behind this young talent will take over the game and the game looks to be in great hands especially for us collectors. Oh yeah HARPER and TROUT ...lol And to answer your original question Kris Bryant will win Rookie of the year in the National and Carlos Correa in the American ...

Trout, Harper, Goldschmidt, J.D. Martinez, Yu Darvish, Josh Donaldson, Jose Altuve...

RE: NL ROY? - rad_1205 - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 02:59 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Trout, Harper, Goldschmidt, J.D. Martinez, Yu Darvish, Josh Donaldson, Jose Altuve...

+1

Blackmon, Rizzo, Fernandez (your boy), Kipnis

RE: NL ROY? - crossada - 08-25-2015

What I can't believe is the strike outs these guys put up. LOL

I hear everyone say how Trout is potentially the best of all time and see he has 121 strike outs this year and lead the league last year. Pujols throughout his years with the Cardinals put up much bigger numbers imo and never had that many strike outs.

I'd go with Syndegard for NL ROY

(08-25-2015, 03:39 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: +1

Blackmon, Rizzo, Fernandez (your boy), Kipnis

Ahhhh... I forgot Rizzo. Fernandez was 2013.
(08-25-2015, 03:59 PM)crossada Wrote: What I can't believe is the strike outs these guys put up. LOL

I hear everyone say how Trout is potentially the best of all time and see he has 121 strike outs this year and lead the league last year. Pujols throughout his years with the Cardinals put up much bigger numbers imo and never had that many strike outs.

I'd go with Syndegard for NL ROY

Trout's defense is factored in. He's a gold glove center fielder. Strike outs aren't really looked at like they were 15 years ago. The Astro's strike out a ton but they also hit a bunch of homers and score a ton of runs. They purposely built their team that way.

(08-25-2015, 10:46 AM)ryno8669 Wrote: Correa is in the AL, so different ROY race, which is pretty much his to lose at this point. Dude has been ridiculous since he got called up.

I think it is also Bryant's to lose at this point. He has come through in the clutch so many times this year and he IS living up to all of the hype every since he got drafted, IMO. And, yes, I am also somewhat biased since I am a Cubs fan haha.

Just to be clear, I think he's going to be a good player. Some players coming in get extremely high expectations put on them unfairly by the fans and media. They get compared to Trout or Kershaw or some HOF'er and when they don't meet those expectations immediately the sports world (in particular collectors) snub their noses at them. Bryant is having a good year but because he was supposed to be the second coming, it lost it's wow factor. Which is reflected in his card prices. Unless he has an absolutely stupid last 6 weeks of the season, most will view this season as a bit of a disappointment. Again, I don't agree with this. People are just really selfish with what they want from their stars.