Beckett Message Boards
Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... (/thread-1466293.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - jdetter23 - 11-18-2011

Hes had the biggest impact of any of the rookies thats how.If it weren't for Cam the Panthers could be 0-10 I mean we were beyond awful last year and this years colt team could have beaten them. Its the exact same team except for Olsen and Shockey which still wouldn't matter if we didn't have Cam.Why would u penalize a great player because the other side of the ball couldn't carry their weight.Our defense is beyond horrible in Carolina and yet we were still in every game except for this last one. Daltons been better than expected but look at the schedule to this point. He's played like 3 teams with above 500 records.ROY is Newton hands down. Already accounted for more TD's than the entire offense last year. If wins are what u are looking at I'm gonna guess you wouldn't mind seeing Tebow win MVP over somebody like Tom Brady?(GB fans I know Rodgers is a shoe in since he's on pace to break pretty much every record)

(11-18-2011, 01:55 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: how can you be ROY when your team has the 2nd worst record in the NFL ?

Indy 0-10

St. Louis, Minnesota, Carolina, and Miami all tied at 2-7 where as Cicny is 6-3.

If Cam Newton win ROY then everyone will know it's a popularity contest and not a true stats based award.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - kstjst - 11-18-2011

dalton may win it if his team continues to win and they make it to the playoffs, although their schedule gets much tougher down the stretch. newton flashed some future potential, but if they keep losing, he'll have to have a lot more 400 yard games to be considered a contender. murray seems like a contender, but the fact that he started mid season, he'll have to make sure he grinds it out and his team makes the playoffs. if not, he'll be in the same boat as newton.

one thing about card prices, he plays on a popular team, so you'll see some slight increases even though there may be a glut of cards out there. you'll probably also see felix jones' card prices drop like a rock.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - msimonds - 11-18-2011

(11-18-2011, 02:17 PM)blaynero Wrote: QB's generally win it so I think that takes him out of the race.

I dont understand why people keep saying this....

SINCE ROY was implemented in 1967, only 5 QBs won it. Thats 5 times out of 44 selections...........

(11-18-2011, 02:36 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Hes had the biggest impact of any of the rookies thats how.

They are 2-7....so he has had two wins.

The Cowboys are 3-1 since DeMarco Murray started......

(11-18-2011, 04:11 PM)kstjst Wrote: murray seems like a contender, but the fact that he started mid season, he'll have to make sure he grinds it out and his team makes the playoffs. if not, he'll be in the same boat as newton.

I agree with you there. But to be in 11th place right now with rushing yards, beating the 21 others with 4 less games is pretty impressive!!

I am rooting for either Cam or Murray. Just because of these.....

=)

[Image: DeMarcoMurray.png]

[Image: 2011ThreadsCamNewton.jpg]
Ok. I just did some number crunching comparing DeMarco Murray's numbers against the 12 other players above him. DeMarco Murray started in the last 4 games. I took the 4 best games of each player above him in rushing this season. Comparing Murray's first 4 starts to the rest is as follows:

Murray 601 yards
Forte 599 yards
McCoy 561 yards
Gore 527 yards
Peterson 515 yards
Foster 507 yards
McGahee 492 yards
McFadden 487 yards
S. Jackson 486 yards
Turner 475 yards
F. Jackson 472 yards
JonesDrew 438 yards
Tate 438 yards

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - Sajman01 - 11-18-2011

There's a small chance Murray wins RoY but running on the Bills, Eagles and Rams is no accomplishment. All 3 are in the bottom 5 rush defenses in the NFL. The Redskins (this week) are not that much better.

If you're looking to sell off Murray at max value, your best bet is after this week. He will get shutdown by the Dolphins, Giants and Buccaneers. Not to mention the Arizona game isn't even all that intriguing since they are so bad against the pass and at some point Jarrett has to let Romo build some confidence and throw.

My advice to you Murray collectors is sell now, don't hope for a miracle.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - CowboysFanatic - 11-18-2011

we shall see, i dont think some of you guys have seen murray since his sooner days. This isnt a 1 game wonder. This guy has it all, everything that scouts look for in a rb he has. The only thing that is gonna stop him from being a productive NFL rb is himself or injuries.

(11-18-2011, 05:06 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: There's a small chance Murray wins RoY but running on the Bills, Eagles and Rams is no accomplishment. All 3 are in the bottom 5 rush defenses in the NFL. The Redskins (this week) are not that much better.

If you're looking to sell off Murray at max value, your best bet is after this week. He will get shutdown by the Dolphins, Giants and Buccaneers. Not to mention the Arizona game isn't even all that intriguing since they are so bad against the pass and at some point Jarrett has to let Romo build some confidence and throw.

My advice to you Murray collectors is sell now, don't hope for a miracle.

If that was the case you can make the same argument with Dalton. Of their 6 wins, only 2 were against a team above .500

and Cam.... his 2 wins were against teams that are now 3-6.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - CowboysFanatic - 11-18-2011

show me another RB that has ran for more yards the past 4 games or any rb that has ran for 250+ yards against the rams?
This is what he is doing in the NFL now that he has the starting job:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z-V6103dPAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lnDUTiWKVA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
And in case you missed this sweet play showing some of his atlethic abilities have gotten better in the NFL, show me a dalton or a cam doing this and they might have a honest chance instead of a popularity party:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FsJFGpbXi2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - kylebucksfan - 11-18-2011

I think Cam or Andy will get ROY but I do think Murray will deserve to get it as well. I want to see how he does this week against the Skins D. They will give him a challange with Orakpo and Kerrigan. I think is will be the weeek where he can really show what he can do.

RE: Do you think DeMarco Murray...... - CowboysFan829488 - 11-18-2011

love all the bandwagon jumpers. people laughed at me when i said he would start by mid-way through the season and be a top-10 RB in the NFL

Lol. I knew he would be something too. Realized it when I watched him preseason.