Beckett Message Boards
Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? (/thread-1465200.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - chads-cards - 11-08-2011

I have alot of authentic jerseys. That is just a step up from the paint on ones...yes its stiched but not the jersey the players wear

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - CowboysFanatic - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 03:06 PM)mackalack Wrote: where does it say authentic?

In the item description/specifics is states: Hand signed authentic

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - mackalack - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 03:30 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: In the item description/specifics is states: Hand signed authentic

I think hand signed authentic is referring to the auto and not the jersey. He stated in the description that its an original reebok jersey.. Could be a real reebok jersey just not a field type or whatever reebok calls there authentic jerseys

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - superynaldo - 11-08-2011

actually, even the jerseys on nfl.com shops are not exactly the real deal... have you ever seen the ACTUAL jerseys that are cut to the players specs??? WAY DIFFERENT...Smile

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - CowboysFanatic - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 05:00 PM)superynaldo Wrote: actually, even the jerseys on nfl.com shops are not exactly the real deal... have you ever seen the ACTUAL jerseys that are cut to the players specs??? WAY DIFFERENT...Smile

Ya a real deal one would be a game worn charity auction type deal with the captains patch and things like that on it, or if you got lucky enough to get one from a player some how

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - Marinoisking - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 05:00 PM)superynaldo Wrote: actually, even the jerseys on nfl.com shops are not exactly the real deal... have you ever seen the ACTUAL jerseys that are cut to the players specs??? WAY DIFFERENT...Smile

yup most of the real ones the players wear have draw strings around the bottom and some also have them on the sleeves so the players can make them form fitting and much harder to grab.

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - superynaldo - 11-08-2011

Examples:

Authentic game used by the man himself...

[Image: 2920b1f1.jpg]

[Image: dec67039.jpg]

[Image: 1f5a8a62.jpg]

[Image: 83c38513.jpg]

This is what I can fit my fat butt into and what's available mainstream...

[Image: 207b4706.jpg]

[Image: 306f99c2.jpg]

[Image: 4819f241.jpg]

[Image: b1259219.jpg]

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - jallwine1 - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 02:15 PM)kollectornet Wrote: One thing that I have always wanted was an authentic jersey of any player especially of Harry Douglas. I have known of one other collector who has one and I will order one by the end of this season. Anyway, one popped up on the bay. The seller says that it is authentic but he says they sell for around $125 or so and I don't know where to get one under $250 (nfl.com).

Please tell me what you think......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harry-Douglas-Signed-Atlanta-Falcons-Red-Jersey-Autographed-Reebok-/140633343875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20be668783

Looks legit....On a side note. I've got a ton of Douglas AU and GU stuff I would love to trade.

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - Scratchii - 11-08-2011

This jersey is a 100% "Authentic" CHINA fake. The quality is wayyyy better than a Replica (Screen print) or Swingman jersey. But it is not the Authentic you are thinking of. Right off the bat, you can tell by the stitching on the jersey. It is so fine and close, while the Authentic ones from NFL shops will be more spaced with XXXXX stiching.

By the way, Authentic does not mean Game-Ready/Issued.

Here is how I rank jersey quality from low to high:
Replica (screen print)
Swingman (has stitching, but a 3 layer patch on authentic is just mashed into one on this type)
"Authentic" China Fake - can be had at half the price of a Replica, good quality, just not "Authentic"
Authentic
Game Ready/Issued - these are the real deal. The quality that the players wear on the field. Check the tags, they are ONLY MADE IN BERLIN, if it says anywhere else, then it isn't Game Ready!
You can check out the stitching on this Vick Jersey
[Image: 1298478409137_002.JPG]

It is very neat, but not as clumped like the Harry Douglas Jersey

RE: Can you tell me if this is Authentic? - bakerman8419 - 11-09-2011

The jersey is 100% fake.