Beckett Message Boards
Biggest Bust Card - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Biggest Bust Card (/thread-1451171.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Biggest Bust Card - Marinoisking - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 02:34 AM)coxkl533 Wrote: Man that is a bad card......I don't even have anything close to that level of stink

IDK about that man.....you are collecting Bengals.
LMAO I'm just messing with ya.

RE: Biggest Bust Card - giantsfan - 08-02-2011

Take Cutler out and insert Ryan leaf lol

RE: Biggest Bust Card - gadsden86 - 08-02-2011

That stinks. Just think of what i could have been.

RE: Biggest Bust Card - nthnoak - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 01:23 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: lol that's a novelty item right there Smile

Haha YUP! That is exactly how I view this thing. But it makes collecting fun when I can actually laugh at a card I own and ask myself why I even have it.
(08-02-2011, 01:59 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: Question is what did you trade to get this card? LMAO

Oh man a lot of these comments are cracking me up lol. This card was just a BV filler in a trade. So I didn't really try and trade for it straight up or anything.
(08-02-2011, 02:22 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: LOL @ Novelty.....

Take out VY and put in Leaf IMO.
Young isn't as big of a bust as the others...

Nope. No one is topping that card lol
You have THAT honor Tongue

Well at least I have achieved something with my collection. I will humbly accept the honor of having the worst card ever made lol.
(08-02-2011, 04:26 AM)hodee5 Wrote: That card is a lot of awful.....I used to have a 98 CoSigners Ryan Leaf/Kordell Stewart, but that 6-jersey is, as my kids would put it to get my goat, "A lot worser".....

Haha, I was actually thinking about buying that exact card but thought the Leaf/Marino from that set would at least be worth my money lol.

RE: Oh how times have changed. - superynaldo - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 01:50 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: I wouldn't categorize V.Y. as a bust. He's something like 30-18 as a starter and won Rookie of the Year. He might've underachieved for his draft position, but he still has a lot of talent and I can't wait to see what he could do with the talent in Philly if Vick goes down.

I agree, I know I am partial to my boy VY and all, but a BUST??? I hardly agree with that statement... I never understand the hatred for the guy... I know he has some issues, but WHO doesn't these days...Smile

RE: Biggest Bust Card - patsfan129 - 08-02-2011

(08-02-2011, 04:30 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: IDK about that man.....you are collecting Bengals.
LMAO I'm just messing with ya.

LOL!!!!

RE: Biggest Bust Card - cmccart8 - 08-02-2011

Anything from Reggie Bush's rc year would qualify...his values have fallen to 10-20 percent of their original highs..so from a financial standpoint, people who invested in Bush have definitely faired the poorest because they paid the most for his cards AND took the biggest loss on them...However, my personal favorite, a Tyrus Thomas Exquisite rc auto patch level 1 /99 I pulled from 06-07 Exquisite. It's hilarious because in writing this I just went over to ebay to double check prices and the card I pulled is FS lol..It's easy to tell because of the patch even though it's been so long, I recognized it immediately. I got over $700 for it. It now sells for less than $100, sometimes as low as $50.

RE: Biggest Bust Card - Duchovny2 - 08-02-2011

For a minute, I thought it was a card of Morganna (j/k). Come to think of it, if that were a woman, she'd be the most popular woman ever (with 6 busts I mean (another j/k).

RE: Biggest Bust Card - dabears 1985 - 08-02-2011

I puke in my mouth whenever I see J Russell

RE: Biggest Bust Card - gobills2010 - 08-02-2011

That is just plain terrible. But here is something actually worse...their numbers:

Combined they have thrown 239 TDs (104 belong to Cutler), 226 INTs, and have 97 fumbles. I couldn't find win/loss records, but they might be inflated because of Young and Cutler. But for all of the hype surrounding these guys when they were drafted, it is pretty shocking. I remember hoping that Buffalo would draft some of these guys and was bent out of shape when we didn't. Not that it mattered anywayTongue