Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap, Thanks Upper Deck!

Holy Crap, Thanks Upper Deck!
Friends in hockey,

I spend enough time complaining about the card companies (well, one in particular) that I thought I'd share a positive post for once.

A couple of months back I found a retail tin of Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey at my local Target.

The great 3-pack of OPC Glossy rookies had two Alexis Lafreniere cards - one gold, one base.

The gold was in good shape but the base had a bad corner, so I sent it in to Upper Deck for a replacement.

I got the package today (just over eight weeks, well ahead of their stated 12 to 16 week window) and was thrilled ... they upgraded me to an Alexis Lafreniere Rookie Materials Series 2 jersey card!

It even has the little Upper Deck sticker over the toploader to show it's "factory direct" - I'm a sucker for those kinds of things.

Not only did I receive a great card, but the customer service reps were very quick to reply to my emails - before, during and after the replacement.

Well done and thank you, Upper Deck!

RE: Holy Crap, Thanks Upper Deck!
Upper Deck and Leaf (I guess also Press Pass, R.I.P.) are the only card companies I've had zero issue with their customer service. Everything has come back quickly and I've not had problems with them

(10-19-2021, 03:17 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Upper Deck and Leaf (I guess also Press Pass, R.I.P.) are the only card companies I've had zero issue with their customer service.  Everything has come back quickly and I've not had problems with them
Agreed, I jumped on the Trevor Lawrence Leaf/Pro Set RC when they sold it as a single ... about $12 shipped for a mint card with nice, thick stock (unlike "Now" or "Instant"), received about a month, if that, after I ordered it.

And then today's awesome gesture with Upper Deck ... I wish these two could get licensed in all the sports to give the other companies some competition again.

The ironic part is, "Leaf" used to be the Canadian counterpart to Donruss, er, Panini, before becoming its own line for a few short years.

So they would have to sort all that out before they could be a competitor.

But more than likely the only reason these two "brands" were allowed to resurface is because no one else wanted or held their rights any more, I'm assuming?

Great to hear a positive experience! I've always had great experience with UD's Customer Service group. Always responsive and more than fair with replacements.

Leaf is a totally different entity than it once was. The rights/license is currently owned by Brian Gray's group and he purchased the Pro Set license recently as well. He obtained the In The Game rights several years back.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

(10-19-2021, 06:58 PM)fred bear Wrote: Great to hear a positive experience! I've always had great experience with UD's Customer Service group. Always responsive and more than fair with replacements.

Leaf is a totally different entity than it once was. The rights/license is currently owned by Brian Gray's group and he purchased the Pro Set license recently as well. He obtained the In The Game rights several years back.
Yes, correct ... it would be the ultimate irony if Leaf got licensed in any of the "Donruss" sports and was able to put them under.

Doubtful, given the brand recognition of "Donruss" ... especially the iconic Rated Rookies, which I'm still a sucker for to this day.

Congrats on this replacement result!

(10-23-2021, 11:46 AM)creasecollector Wrote: Congrats on this replacement result!
Thank you, I was very pleased and surprised.